My Ibiza mk4 DAB 100bhp

jwilkinson

Oct 12, 2008
Well it seems I've finally caught the modding bug after 8 months with the car, having ordered a few bits and pieces for it.

Previous car: 1997 corsa 1.2 in silver - a surprisingly reliable car!

Mods to date are tt pedals, alpine ida-x100 headunit with bluetooth, phillips xtreme vision bulbs, flip key. I'm basically planning to just tidy up the car (alu interior bits, gear knob, cupra handbrake cover) before any serious modding comes.

Anyway, pics after a quick wash etc today!

STH70982.jpg

STH70983-1.jpg

STH70976-1.jpg

STH70989.jpg

STH70977-1.jpg

STH70979-1.jpg

Apologies for the Corsa creeping into a couple of these!

Last edited:

jwilkinson

Oct 12, 2008
Hi guys,

plan is green cotton, powerflow or similiar exhaust, new alloys, lowering + spacers, that should be about it. Nothing too big as its only the 1.4 :). I had a look at the remap, custom code is about 200 quid which isn't too bad but I'm still far from convinced about it being worth it...

I have to say I'm really pleased with how the grey comes out. It doesn't show the dirt quite as badly as black, and looks almost as good when its clean!

Ooo and also forgot to mention, I've had the alloys refurbed - one was pretty badly dinged so decided to get the whole lot done. They're much lighter than before, the standard colour is actually not far off anthracite! I wanted them lighter to stand out a bit.

jwilkinson

Oct 12, 2008
Fitted my cupra handbrake and aluminium gear surround bit. Really smartens up the fairly dark interior, and matchs my tt pedals so I'm happy!

Up this week will be a ss gear knob, and going to sort out my head unit as it doesn't sit in the dash nicely, bit recessed. Also going to sort out a few scuff here and there inside, a local bodyshop reckons they remove them so I'll see.

Once its all done, pics to follow :)

jwilkinson

Oct 12, 2008
Small Mods finished!

Well I've finished all the bits that make the car look like it should have when I bought it :)

Mod list: TT pedals, alpine ida-x100, philips xtreme bulbs, alu gear gaiter surround, cupra handbrake, stubby aerial, polo rear wiper, seat sport carbon fibre/leather gear knob.

Heres the stubby, nice comparison pic!

STH71004.jpg

Polo wiper, huge improvement

STH71005.jpg

TT pedals

STH71006.jpg

Cupra Handbrake + gear knob + gaitor surround

STH71008.jpg

Now thats all sorted. Next mods in the next month will be:
15mm rear spacers
30mm lowering springs + shocks
BMC CDA induction
Custom Cat-back exhaust
HID's
Something with the alloys, either a refurb or some 17's, nots sure yet.

jwilkinson

Oct 12, 2008
Thanks, not getting much response to this :happy: ... although I didn't espect much as only mods I've done are just small bits here and there.

Yeah the Ibiza DAB comes with red stitched seats, great with the handbrake :).

The TT pedals are a nice addition, especially for me as the previous owner had put on some ripspeed ones which I couldn't wait to change ever since I bought it!

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Liking the handbrake a lot, love how it matches the seats.

My mate as an Ibiza in the same colour, infact it might even be a DAB cos it had a digital radio in it. If that makes it a DAB. Lol

Lovely car though, the interior is so much nicer than the mk3's

jwilkinson

Oct 12, 2008
Thanks for the comments people!

Yeah the my one had a Blaupunkt DAB radio when I got it, which I do miss sometimes, but there is no DAB headunit that comes with a good Ipod interface and bluetooth as far as I know.

One thing I like about the grey is that it comes up nicely when clean, but hides the dirt reasonably well.

jwilkinson

Oct 12, 2008
Update, alloys, wing mirrors

On go some Ibiza Cupra alloys and FR wing mirrors (not sure on these, may put back to colour coded)

STH71019.jpg

STH71021.jpg

STH71027.jpg

Thanks to Chris for the alloys, really happy with them, the lighter silver paint refurb makes them really stand out when clean.

Also bought some 15mm rear spacers, however still not sure whether I want to fit them after hearing a couple of horror stories!

They just have longer bolts, would I be better off getting some which bolt onto the hub, then the wheel onto the spacer? Seems a much safer option.

Now I really need to lower it, top priority!

jwilkinson

Oct 12, 2008
will do, cheers for the comments.

Been on the lookout for the cupra wheels for a long time, so snapped them up as soon as I found some!

Yes lowering is next on the cards, will keep you posted when it happens!

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
Looks good mate should be sweet when its lowered oh and personally I would keep
the fr covers, there much better!:D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise