My Imperial Blue Leon Mk1 TDI 110 - :.:update pg4 :.:

dannyboi

Jan 21, 2009
i picked up my what was ment to be a daily car last month but after driving it every day then getting into the polo i have decided its time to get the dub bug out of me and sell up the polo and start on the leon :D

the polo is being put back to standard and the leon is getting all the attention so i decided its time for a W.I.P

this is what is looked like when i picked her up from Seat showroom

P1000880.jpg

i have had to wait untill UD to start on it as the polo was still priority as it was inside but now thats been and gone i starting ordering bits :D , orderd my new rimmage which is being deliverd tomorrow so will have a big update tomorrow :D then i will be ordering my springs , i need to see how the wheels sit first then i can sort out stance and height the wheels are 18x8.5 without giving too much away lol i will spaceing the rears out 10-15mm with hubcentric spacers and most probly be lowering it 45mm .

i bought a alpine headunit that matches all the colours of the interior which im pretty happy with and gave the bay a quick detail today and the interior and will crack on with detailing the exterior tomorrow. i also bought a boost gauge which i was going to install in the drivers air vent but i have decided to buy two more gauges and make a custom tripple pod in the centre air vents which looks pretty cool willl start on that soon enough
P1010357.jpg

P1010358.jpg

future plans are
6000k or 8000k HID's
fabia rear wiper conversion
areo front wipers
full cupra R kit or FR front bumper smoothed
something special-ish for the interior which will then make the outside
AMD remap stage one
custom made pipecraft cat back system
pipercross panel filter
forge intercooler
s3 upper and lower strut braces
carbon engine cover
blue samco hoses

and still contenplating a subtle install but not 100% yet as im not quite bored of the standard speakers

im sure there will be alot of other things that will be added

hope you like the build thread and stay tuned ;)

Last edited:

dannyboi

Jan 21, 2009
isit the same colour as the dials at night ?

where have you moutned yours dude ?

brad1

it has 7 colours to choose from, i keep mine on red and it matches perfectly, ive also got a nomad pillar pod ;)

dannyboi

Jan 21, 2009
Dannyboi's mk1 TDI 110 , update pg3 with new look , FMIC and more

update time :.:

orderd my wheels from bm auto sport yesterday and got them deliverd today - was well impressed

ive gone for 18x8.5 bbs lm's

before anyone says yes ino it needs MAJOUR lowering and im on the case now , i have said i aint going on coillies but i think no spring will get a good stance that i need :(
P1010397.jpg

P1010399.jpg

P1010402.jpg

hope ya like hopefully will be updating asap with it lower lol

Last edited:

dannyboi

Jan 21, 2009
cheers mate , just trying to sort out a deal on some coilovers now so hopefully will be giving off a nice stance at the weekend :D

dannyboi

Jan 21, 2009
no you cant haha only joking

i got them for £770 thats inc. 215/35/18 tyres , chrome bolts , locking wheel nuts , chrome valves and delivery so im over the moon

dannyboi

Jan 21, 2009
cheers mate , think im going to get them removed - thats if they are just glued on ??

lil update :.:

sourced some coilovers off a member off this forum so picking them up and having them fitted on saturday so will update fully on saturday :D

brad1

cheers mate , think im going to get them removed - thats if they are just glued on ??

lil update :.:

sourced some coilovers off a member off this forum so picking them up and having them fitted on saturday so will update fully on saturday :D

The door strips are clipped in, there are holes in the door so if you want the strips gone you need to fill the holes and smooth them out, then get the doors repainted, cheaper and easier to just colour code the strips ;)

dannyboi

Jan 21, 2009
about time i put some updates up :.:

not muh has happend really well abit has just not as much as i wanted lol ..day after i got my wheels i picked up my jamex coilovers and got them fitted the same day , also got pipecraft to make me up a custom de-cat straight through pipe , also got the stance right ( need 20mm spacers on rear and 15mm on front ) and now im happy with the way she is looking atm :D
made myself a tidy install but as a plan i had went tits up i have since took it all out and got a 12" alpine type r sub and just put a tidy box in for now .

heres some progress pics :.:
P1010422.jpg

stupidly low
P1010424.jpg

P1010429.jpg

SDC10605.jpg

SDC10606.jpg

SDC10607.jpg

SDC10608.jpg

SDC10612.jpg

SDC10615.jpg

im happy with the way the car is looking now and going to keep the exterior like this for a while and focus on a few little engine mods and basic tidy'ing the car up and keeping ontop of the paint and keeping it mint . going to be putting a lump of money away to save up for my dream seats which should be cool and will go from there ..

next to be done is re-map from AMD , 8000k HID's , fabia front and rear wiper conversions i think im going to go for the TDI carbon engine cover and try and source some samco hoses hopefully so keep an eye out for updates soon

hope you all like

useless

It looks really tidy mate. The stance is perfect on those wheels!

dannyboi

Jan 21, 2009
little update :.:

just had the leon remaped at AMD essex and OMG ! what a difference it has made , much more pull and i can actually launch proply now

had it rolling roaded straight after and got 141bhp and 217lb/ft which im pretty inpressed with the geeza said after a week should go up another 5bhp and lb/ft once its reconginsed it on the ecu fully.
IMG00004-20090411-1159.jpg

also i have orderd 8000k HIDs and shortend uk pressed plates , also going to order nomad double gauge pods and s3 strut braces

then thats it for this month lol

will update when i get the plate and HIDS

frenchy

TPS
Apr 23, 2007
Swindon
Wheels look great, its nice that they don't stick out like a lot of after market wheels. Suit the car and they are BBS, you know it makes sense :)

dannyboi

Jan 21, 2009
cheers mate ;)

im going to be spacing out the rear wheels 20mm to give it a better stance and so the rear grips the road more

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members