My Imperial Blue Leon Mk1 TDI 110 - :.:update pg4 :.:

dannyboi

Jan 21, 2009
my advise would be dont go as low as me lol its really not good , my sump cover hits the floor all the time when im driving , hit a lil dip and the lower arms and the sump hit the floor and the noise is horrible sound like i leave my engine 2 miles down the road

looks good tho :D

brad1

Told you that you wouldn't regret the remap ;) torque seems a little low tho :shrug:

Zipcode

Jun 23, 2008
Brackley, Northant's
Hey Danny. What amount did you go with on the james syspension. I am looking to lower my leon a little too. I only want about 20mm though as I do ALOT of miles and can't afford to replace my sump every week :)

I see your finding it hard to drive with the amount you went with so I was thinking of not going quite as low as you.

dannyboi

Jan 21, 2009
i went down about 60-70mm on the front and 50mm on the back i think mate

personally i think the back is fine height for everyday driving but the front is a no no , i would go 50mm all round for a nice looking comfy ride ;)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I saw your car at AmD mate. In fact I was there the day you got it remapped.

Looked good.

dannyboi

Jan 21, 2009
another update :.:

got my engine cover , battery cover and airbox back from the bodyshop his done a cracking job now i just need to get a few more blue bits on the go and custom made chrome boost pipe and im basically there for the bay
also put my shortend uk pressed plates on - will look much better when the kit is on

P1010558.jpg

P1010560.jpg

P1010561.jpg

next updates will be a straight EGR pipe which is the weird shaped metal thing on the boost pipe and will get sfs to make me a 90' blue samco hose , few more little blue samco hoses , chrome strut brace

im paying my bodyshop geeza each week basically saving up for my car to go in there to have front and rear bumpers smoothed prayed and fitted , side skirts smoothed sprayed and fitted and might also add a few little touchs in there aswell

so keep an eye out for updates soon again :D

Last edited:

Looking good Danny, I got a Leon SE 110 also... a few questions if I may!?!

Where did you get the blue pipe in your engine bay from? The one coming off the airbox, did you fit that? or was it there before? Did you get any gains from it?

How many miles has your car done? I wanted to know, only because I want an AmD remap like yourself, and just wondered if mileage would effect the gains obtained?

Have you modded the airbox at all, as in smoothed/drilled or a new panel?

Sorry for the rant, lol,

Ben

brad1

He got the blue pipe off me lol, it doesn't give any gains, it's basically just for looks to get rid of the boring black pipe, and for mileage, mine had just done 107,000 and I've just put a PD130 turbo on and still going strong ;)

dannyboi

Jan 21, 2009
mr ben - as brad said i got the pipe off him but basically i bought it for looks as there is no extra gain from it , also my car is coming into 100k and it has been still running sweet as a nut with the AMD remap (touch wood) tbh i would go for the amd deal they do on here which is a fk cat back system , pipercross panel air filter and the amd remap for £499 inc fitting you will see a fair bit of differnce

amd do two different types of remap the AMD remap and the revo remap , the amd one basically keeps the feel of the power the same but it is ALOT quicker and allows you to hold the gears more where as the revo one is more aggresive and it seems as tho the power is not consistant through the revs

hope that helps

jonjay + mikey - cheers lads ;)

brad1

I like how your gauge reads vacuum on your tdi :lol: some novice plumbed it all up didnt he :p lol

mr ben - as brad said i got the pipe off him but basically i bought it for looks as there is no extra gain from it , also my car is coming into 100k and it has been still running sweet as a nut with the AMD remap (touch wood) tbh i would go for the amd deal they do on here which is a fk cat back system , pipercross panel air filter and the amd remap for £499 inc fitting you will see a fair bit of differnce

amd do two different types of remap the AMD remap and the revo remap , the amd one basically keeps the feel of the power the same but it is ALOT quicker and allows you to hold the gears more where as the revo one is more aggresive and it seems as tho the power is not consistant through the revs

hope that helps

jonjay + mikey - cheers lads ;)

Cheers Danny, Much appreciated :D Something for me to do when my no claims bonus matures in August :D

dannyboi

Jan 21, 2009
another update time :.:

havent updated for a while only one thing has changed really and thats i got myself some cream leather interior out of a golf mk4 , the plan was to get rs4 seats but i couldnt be botherd to save up £1400 for seats and these came up at a steal :D

anyways hope you all like :d

P1010620.jpg

P1010617.jpg

P1010618.jpg

P1010621.jpg

P1010623.jpg

P1010625.jpg

P1010627.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.