My Mk2 Leon FR TDi 170 project

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
This is my first car i have ever modded.
My car a few days after i bought it. bog standard

DSC00454.JPG

Then added chrome mirrors, Anthracite alloy refurb, gloss black door pillars and gloss black plastic trim spray

12102008120.jpg

Lowered by 35mm on KW V1 coilovers plus eibach ABR's

20012009161.jpg

With 330mm 4-pot brembo's and 10mm spacers allround and Linea R grill

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Last edited:

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Car is looking good mate. I assume you mean Eibach Anti Roll Bars? I need to get round to getting the Neuspeed Rear one to match the front one that I have.
Any mods planned?
Alex

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
Hey alex, yeah i meant eibach anti-roll bars. they're front and rear bars, huge difference.

Was at the Xtreme RR day on saturday, turned out with 191.7bhp with no engine modded.

Mods still to do:
DPF delete with non-resonated turbo-back exhaust system
DPF delete remap (hopefully take it to 230bhp)
Uprated clutch (maybe Sachs)
Short shift kit

Possible mods:
If turbo needs replacing I'll probably get a bigger turbo on and try to push 280bhp
lighter alloy wheels if i buckle one of my current alloys

Still looking for new things to do to it

Makey_FR

Dec 31, 2008
hey was just wondering about your centre caps, im getting my wheels done in anthracite on my ibiza fr next month, have you just left yours the silver or had them painted too ? cheers

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
hey was just wondering about your centre caps, im getting my wheels done in anthracite on my ibiza fr next month, have you just left yours the silver or had them painted too ? cheers

I've left them silver mate. I know someone tried to source darker ones from Seremotors not too long ago, but not sure with how much success. hope that helps.

Makey_FR

Dec 31, 2008
okay cheers matey, i think i may just leave mine then, you cant really tell. car looks gorgeous bt the way, not 2 low, not 2 high, its got a great stance! Very jealous haha:p

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
okay cheers matey, i think i may just leave mine then, you cant really tell. car looks gorgeous bt the way, not 2 low, not 2 high, its got a great stance! Very jealous haha:p

haha cheers m8 :D I used to have a 1.2 ibiza and tbh all the ibiza's including the FR's and Cupra's could do with wheel spacers. It makes the car look wider and a little more stable, you'll be surprised at how much difference it makes.

COOLMAN

Hi Chan.
LEON's are nice!
Good spec choice too with the 170 LUMP!.i I love all that Torque!. Who needs power!.
Don't know how many miles youv'e done but my MPG has really improved as it's loosened up. Iv'e found that it pays to give it a good run around 3000rpm at a steady cruise in 4th gear once a month to keep the DPF clean . Especially if you use it around town a lot.
I'd be interested to see any engine mods you do as i plan a few for my Vrs A.S.A.P! . Removal of the DPF being one of them.

Cheers
COOLMAN[B)]

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
Thanks Coolman,
DPF removal is also on the cards, hopefully in the next few months. Waiting for tuners to iron out a few issues first then going in for the full DPF delete and exhaust. Maybe an induction kit too, but i'm already running a K&N filter. Might just smooth out the airbox as the standard box is apparantly pretty good.

Lee Edgecombe

Photoshop ;)
Mar 16, 2009
South Wales
hey chan,

i got and fr 170 tdi as well and just wondering where are you having your car mapped and the other mods like dpf delete and exhaust. Becuase i was looking at having mine mapped with revo but they dont support our engine anymore :/

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
At the moment i'm looking at the JBS custom code route. They are offering a group buy just now. You'll see it in the JBS section in this forum. They are offering a DPF delete on it's own with software or that plus exhaust. The discount is pretty good. Check it out and see what you think. I'm just waiting for some personal details to finalise before i completely commit a date to this. But, fingers crossed i'll be getting it done at end of the month.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
You getting it done Then Chan?

Ive paid me deposit now carn't wait

Maybe next year will be looking at Uprated Clutch,Uprated Injectors and Hybrid Turbo

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
hey Andrew, yeah i'm almost certain in getting it done.

Clutch and injectors are all possible things i'd like to do. Turbo would only come in if the current turbo gives up the ghost. But, i don't want to spend too much on this car as, i'm only keeping this car for another 2 to 3 years. Hope to leave some money for next car (A4 2.0T quattro hopefully).

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.