My New BIG TURBO Thread

G12MO X

Jul 21, 2007
Not sure mate to be honest i suppose i will need the same size as the bosch ones, but i am thinking that 440's with 4 bar fpr will be enough for the 18G

550 cc would be maxed out at 440hp , my 630 one should be ok , only time will tell

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
550 cc would be maxed out at 440hp , my 630 one should be ok , only time will tell

hooch got his 440's to 460bhp :confused: :shrug: :think:

on a serious note I ran 620cc on 4bar to get to 480bhp... beyond and they max'd
changed to 750's on 4bar - all was well to 517bhp
now on 870's on 4bar

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
Will be interesting to see plots once this is finished.

So Jabba Mani is not a limitation for this power level in terms of flow or heat capability? :whistle:

HTC

Sep 2, 2004
Not sure mate to be honest i suppose i will need the same size as the bosch ones, but i am thinking that 440's with 4 bar fpr will be enough for the 18G

Just wait and see what fits into the manifold when you have it. I think you should be okay with the 440s. I when for the larger ones for lots of head room. Injectors are pretty cheap so why not. Good info here.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Will be interesting to see plots once this is finished.

So Jabba Mani is not a limitation for this power level in terms of flow or heat capability? :whistle:

bet it is.. you can achieve the same power levels from tubular manifolds and low angle merge collectors from less boost.
sustained power levels on this setup results in cracking and warping in my experience of 390-410bhp on the IHI/Js mani. It was never designed for these power levels, so you cant hold it accountable for being taken beyond its original design brief.

Steve_m

Looking forward to seeing the plots on this - full boost before 4k will really be something.

jamiebennett81

Looking forward to seeing the plots on this - full boost before 4k will really be something.

very.....

my hybrid gt2x makes full boost about 3500....and mine is not even classed as BT, so will be interested to see a turbo this size making full boost before 4000rpm

HTC

Sep 2, 2004
Garretts do seem to be a little more expensive, but they also seem to hold up well form what I've read.

G12MO X

Jul 21, 2007
Oh dear!!...at those power levels:doh:
This is not the first one they have done, Mike at Jabba has been working on this for quiet some time and has had no problem. My last kit was top mount and all that happened was scuttle tray melts, Brake servo pipe melted when one track and had to be relocated. also the heat under bonnet was to much and I did not want to put vents in bonnet to fix.
:)

minimivic

Drives a 16v mini
Aug 26, 2006
Dorset
www.btinternet.com
Ian,

Is there something wrong with underslung (yours is)? and mine is although not run yet.
I chose underslung for heat issues but also to lower the C of G, and after seeing so many problems with Sams car melting things.
Sam good luck mate be nice to see how it turns out, and compares to the backdraft and mine when it finaly gets running. lol

G12MO X

Jul 21, 2007
Ian,

Is there something wrong with underslung (yours is)? and mine is although not run yet.
I chose underslung for heat issues but also to lower the C of G, and after seeing so many problems with Sams car melting things.
Sam good luck mate be nice to see how it turns out, and compares to the backdraft and mine when it finaly gets running. lol

Thanks, Hopeful I will be at the ADI on the 11th of Oct
Sam

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise