My On going problem (Boost/N75)

Mar 16, 2007
SouthWales
My DV Problem

After having tests done on the LCR this week theres no boost leaks but the cars still flutterings/chattering and seems to be slighlty down on holiding boost/power. The Dv is brand new and is working ok off the car , my question is which ive reaserched on the net on the forum that it could be the spring in the dv not being right for the car , its a standard green spring im guessing could this be the problem? maybe upgrading to a yellow spring? Its running stage1 so i thort a green would be ok. sorry if this has been covered before

Mar 16, 2007
SouthWales
Yep its a Forge007 , im not sure? it came with the spring i didnt buy it from forge see. The pipes seem ok and theres no boost leaks coming up on the laptop. I dont know what PSI im running at so dont know which spring ... do you think this could be the issue?

Pyro

If you got vagcom the log actual vs requested boost to find boost etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 16, 2007
SouthWales
And you think it could be this which is the fluttering? i hope so .... ill give them a ring tomorro =) is the spring easy to change

Pyro

And you think it could be this which is the fluttering? i hope so .... ill give them a ring tomorro =) is the spring easy to change

Just don't tell um I sent ya :p lol it could help tho :) if they don't do it get one from awsome coz forge are more expensive ;)

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen

Yes, the spring is a piece of cake. Take the valve out the car, the top unscrews, change the spring over then screw the top back on.

As andycupra suggests, I'd check the vacuum hose to the DV, the smaller one that goes into the top. Make sure it's in good nick, no splits or kinks or anything. There was someone on here in the last week or so had a similar issue, turned out that cos his vacuum hose was kinked the valve wasn't operating.

Mar 16, 2007
SouthWales
Thanks for the reply , ive been reading allot of "fluttering" threads on here and they all seem DV related , ill check the vacum hose tomorro morning but im sure we checkd it and it was fine , ill try a new spring and hopfully itll be fixed

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Could also be the N249 valve, this is what's on the other end of the vac hose attached to the DV. Can you scan it for fault codes?

Mar 16, 2007
SouthWales
Im going to double check the vacum hose tomorro , also maybe turn the dv the other way around , and order a spring (yellow) and maybe change the N249 if no luck its big thinking time

Pyro

Bypass N249 IMO and see if you can swap N75 with someone to check that to they don't always throw up codes so worth a try as 8bit said all vac hoses and if you have boost gauge check the pluming for that to ;)

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
I used to get slight flutter/turbo chatter on my Ibiza KO3s
It would be only when I was feathering the throttle not when I was gunning it.
I had a Jetex / 007P and a yellow spring, It was normal to me, it only happened occasionally and only when I'd come off boost when it was building up

Mar 16, 2007
SouthWales
This happens in every gear and seems to be holding the car back only slighly. Ive spoke to Forge and theyr sending me a yellow spring out free of charge ;) also bill thinks its something to do with the N valve so im just waiting on a reply.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.