My On going problem (Boost/N75)

Pyro

I'd bypass it tbh mate there's some good guides on here if you don't like then you can always reverse it and fit a new one ;) if you need to know the benefits you can search it lol there's loads of info on it :)

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Worth noting that some people have reported that their cars don't work well with the N249 bypass. It's unlikely but if you're one of the unlucky ones then you might find the bypass solves one problem (if it is the N249 that's at fault) but causes another.

Harris.

Apr 5, 2010
Essex Bruv
For the record I've just ordered a new N75 as my boost has been playing around and I've changed near enough everything.

The N75 for the LCR has changed Part number to 06A 906 283 E.

They have also gone down to £36 + vat :)

elviscat

Jun 11, 2007
Bristol, UK
Although i haven't tried it but if the yellow spring is too much you could always try placing shims in with the green spring, Forge will sort you out these shims for free btw at least then you could vary the green spring a little.

Pyro

Ummm N75 a very basic idea is that it controls boost level to stop you popping the turbo if it goes conpkeatly you'll have all the boost in the world unitill the map sencor realizes then puts you into limp mode ;) that's if the N75 being fooked hasn't already lol

Mar 16, 2007
SouthWales
Could the yellow spring be to much for it? "when it arrives" how will i know also? .... also what you think i need to do Pyro? regarding the N249 and N75

Pyro

If the spring is to much then the DV won't open properly so you'll hear a majour difference in sound it will cause the presure to go back into the turbo stalling it they call it turbo flutter sounds mint but not good for the car it should be fine tho mate you should get a boost gauge fitted tbh will be a big help ;) in regards to N249 bypass it if the car doesn't like it then you can reverse it and put a new part on tgat way you may say sone dolla and regards to N75 best way to check is to swap with someone tbh if it makes a diffence then you need a new one the N valves do normally gring up fault codes but not all the time if your anywhere near Swindon I have a spare you can try lol

Mar 16, 2007
SouthWales
lol cheers for the offer but its a mission drive lol i bought my mk3 cupra from swindon lol anyways is it worth getting a new N249 from Audi etc and seening if it fixes it? if not i could return it im sure?

Pyro

Could do mate if they let you take it back then no probes and they don't you got a spare I still vote bypass but that's just me lol always good to have spares I'd see if the spring makes any change first tho it could just be failing do you have vagcom? Or can you log blocks?

Mar 16, 2007
SouthWales
I dont have VCom but the local Revo dealer by me checked it for codes this week , and done logs whilst driving and everything was ok. My forge Spring should be here this week , i might pop into the local stealer on wednesday and pick up a spare they easy to change? i dno about doing a bypass my old 20v didnt like it at all and it just put me off

Pyro

Never changed it myself so dunno tbh lol se if you can go back to the Revo guys and ask if they lived your actual vs requested boost and if they can you get a copy of the results emailed to ya then post it up and we can see if there is any fluctuation and also see how hi your boosting to determine weather you need a yellow spring ;) I personally think that if your putting 211 at the wheels you must be pushing 250 at the fly wheel so you'll be boost about 19-21 psi at a guess and that is a guess lol but try and get that log or have it logged and fit a boost gauge lol there so much help for detecting boost/vac leaks and keeping an eye on boost levels :D

Mar 16, 2007
SouthWales
he said it was in 1% range compared to the Vs but ill through them a email now and see if theyv still got it :) ! Ive been meaning to get a boost gauge since ive had it now. i think next payday its a must for a boostG! hmmm i hate it thats its not running right and i dont know what to do lol

Pyro

I feel your pain I've had mine 10 months spent alot on her and still not running right sometimes I'm pushing 23 psi for about 5 mins then back to 19 :( lol gunna start getting it sorted In a few months moving house so will have some spare dolla at last :)

Mar 16, 2007
SouthWales
I know its problem after problem with all these fancy engines lol Right first thing wednesday to seat/audi to get a n249 valve , ive looked it up and its just a straight easy swap. if its still doing it , ill swap the spring when it comes this week then if its still problems im guessing its the N75 lol

Pyro

If not N75 then possible leak. map sencor (altho not common atall). Cracked manifold. Dieing maf. Just some of the things that ca cause boost issues :cry: lol try getting throttle body cleaned and reset to ;) right I'm goin bed I've gotta be up at 4:30 :cry: keep us posted ;)

Mar 16, 2007
SouthWales
Me too dude , thanks for the help ... p.s just been looking at prices and the N249 valve is £40+ so if its not ill be taking it back and doing a bypass lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise