My Sexy MK4 Sleeper...{SCN's highest BHP 1.2 12v} Now For sale, pics page 17

mixupz

Just call me Rash-MIX
Oct 5, 2007
Dirty South East London
If your going to upgrade then why not Keep it in the family?

You know, Incest is best, Its a Game the whole Family can play :p

but as far as i can see theres no other option for what i want...i want cheap insurance, fast, fun to drive..

I KNOW FROM THAT DESCRIPTION im going to get a load of dervs quoting figures..

T. Spark

Why do people think you have to do silly milage to have a diesel?

Here is a quick bit of maths I worked out in April this year for the EVO lads when I asked them if they would own a diesel EVO.

T. Spark said:
Ok lets take the BMW 530D M Sport @ £40,145

This does 0-60 in 6.8 seconds

50-75mph in 5.1 seconds.

Does a average of 42.8mpg (imperial)

And the BMW 530i M Sport @ £39,820

This does 0-60 in 6.5 seconds

50-75mph in 7.0 seconds

Does a average of 36.7mpg (imperial)

Now lets assume that 'performance' is the same. Aka the diesel is remapped for pure 0-60 whilst the petrol is remapped for extra torque in gear, and therefore they are 'matched' across the range. So this isnt anything to do with performance, simply price per mile.

Using the list price, mpg and the UK national average milage of 12,000 miles, a ownership of 4 years and current average fuel prices of 107.9p for petrol and 117.1p for diesel.

BMW 530D costs you = £46,118

BMW 530i costs you = £46,237

Meaning the BMW 530D actually works out cheaper over the 4 years. However this doesnt include re-sale value's of the car after 4 years, which as we all know will be higher on the 530D rather than the petrol varient. So all in all, if performance was 'matched' the BMW 530D would be the 'better' in terms of price for performance. I'd imagine to the tune of around £600 not including insurance costs.

Now looking at the Seat Leon as a 'normal' smallish car over the BMW. If we take the same 2.0 TDi engine thats used for the BTCC and compare with the petrol version should we see similar results? Lets find out!

Seat Leon FR TDi @ £17,955

This does 0-62 in 8.2 seconds

Is within insurance group 12

And does 47.1mpg

Seat Leon FR TSi @ £17,505

Does 0-62 in 7.3 seconds

Is within insurance group 14

And does 35.8mpg

Again, lets say performance is matched. I myself know for a fact that they always 'under-rate' the diesel's 0-62 time!

Using the list price, mpg and the UK national average milage of 12,000 miles, a ownership of 4 years and current average fuel prices off 107.9p for petrol and 117.1p for diesel.

The Leon TDi costs you = £23,380

The Leon TSi costs you = £24,085

So this time we have a even bigger 'gap' between price. Again still in favour of the TDi varient. Including re-sale value, insurance costs being more on the petrol i'd guestimate a figure in excess off £1,000 saving for the TDi owner.

If you increase the milage per year. As there is some debate on what the 'national' average is. Then does the story change? Working out at 20,000 miles a year (alot!)

Well needless to say it becomes even clearer that gap between diesel and petrol on ownership!

So if a 'diesel' was just as quick as a 'petrol' in everyway. Would you spend circa £1,000 for more turbo lag, less usuable power but a tractor?

** Would like to point out I own neither petrol or diesel varients of either car so hold no bais to any/or and these were simply used as two upto date diesel engines vs their petrol counterparts **

fr-tdi

Detailing freak!
Feb 7, 2008
fife, scotland
P230108_2002.jpg

:lol::lol:

woody07

hello i was wondering wot u think of your seat ibiza 1.2 are they pretty nippy what is the mpg on them cheers
o and does any one know wot insurance group they are cheers

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
hello i was wondering wot u think of your seat ibiza 1.2 are they pretty nippy what is the mpg on them cheers
o and does any one know wot insurance group they are cheers

Tbh mate - we've got one atm as a courtesy car and for what is it it's pretty bloomin nippy! Can't comment on fuel though so keeping it as low as poss. :lol:

danmay

Fast cars, shooting stars
Mar 25, 2007
Stafford
www.myspace.com
thety're really not too bad round town for nippiness, insurance group 3 i think mine is, and do about 40mpg on a run, i did 380 miles to a £40 tank yesterday so could be worse!

Toner89

Top Member
May 3, 2008
Forest Of Dean
Nice Car Mate!

And i dont think i have seen a car with so much emotions attach to this thread! you have all of it!

and it is nice to see that another 1.2 is proud of his motor! and maybe in his world he thinks it will beat ferrari ( if the ferrari is not turned on) lol

JohnBoy_MK4

the insurance group is pritty low i think, as im 17 and it isnt very expensive to insure
and dont really no about the MPG as its not on the road yet, still not finished ;)

mixupz

Just call me Rash-MIX
Oct 5, 2007
Dirty South East London
Updates to come soon...

I bin really hush hush because i wanted to hibernate from the car scene for a while...concentrate on my studies and get some decent money together to rejuvenate the resting baby for summer...

ive already been shopping on the fleebay, in the stealers parts sections and other hidden places to pull out a great summer motor again!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.