MY01 Leon Cupra now with CCFL angel eyes 2 1/2" dp-200cell cat and one box

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Fancied something that oozes quality whilst looking standard, got to set the GPS up yet but it's seeing all the satellites and just needs initial settings, lovely unit.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Night time pic

DSCF2408.jpg

Amjad

Oct 26, 2010
Cardiff/Southampton Uni
Hey sorry to spam your thread, but I haven't got access to the PM service yet. With those sidelights you bought, did they throw up a bulb out error, or did you wire in resistors?

Any chance you know what type of bulb to get for the numberplate and whether they would throw up Canbus errors too?

Thanks

53 Leon SX

aka Kris
Oct 22, 2010
London
Car is inspiration aesthetically Lee very nice. I almost bought a 2 tone leon in a similar colour but it looked as though it had been thrashed in its life. Anyway I need to have a look at some other leons to get ideas. Angel eyes look amazing when altered but are they still there, I can't see them in the pics of your 4.3K HIDS!?!

Sorry for the bombardment of questions but I'll try keep them to simple yes no or 1 word answers answers to save your time.

Is your pre facelift cupra the same basic body shape (not including bumpers, grilles etc) as the leon sx of the same year?

I'm guessing the cupra is lower than the normal sx of the same age. If so do you know how much? Did you lower your car 30mm both front and back?

Love the alloys, would look boring on my black sx tho I think, are they 17"?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Hell yeah light is amazing from them.
Shells are the same, unless you got a sunroof i'd have said.
Yeah they do sit lower 15mm iirc yes 30mm front 25mm rear but if you can see that 5mm, good on you ;)
Depends what look you want, yeah they are 17"

53 Leon SX

aka Kris
Oct 22, 2010
London
Ok great, I'll attempt the angel eyes conversion sometime in the future which is good as it means I'll have time to acquire funds.

Right, there is absolutely no way I'd get away with dropping it 45 and 40 mm to match the cupra look. I wouldn't make it out of my road due to the mountain sized speed humps that are around my area. Could possibly compensate with bigger wheels for a smaller drop.

Whats reception like with your c2 aerial?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Reception is fine, the the Becker as two receivers so always as the next frequency of the station your listening to ready to change too.

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
The becker looks good Lee, you still liking it? Hows the ipod integration (if you use it). I havent looked since I was after a mexico/grand prix, and this looks a bit more snazzy without going too far away from the OEM look they were after.

Oh, Liking the wheels, thinkt they suit the car much better than the ones you had on before. Thing is, when you wash the car, you'll be a right OCD about getting the oxidisation off the discs, for that clean look :)

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Yeah Becker is the unit i always wanted, so yeah, really enjoying it.
I just plug my Samsung galaxy in and use the phone as the storage device.
First application of brakes will remove it, i like the car clean, but you wouldn't have thought it looking at the state it is in now though lol

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
I guess the navigation around tracks and playlists is pretty sweet too. Glad you are liking it then :) I'm the same with my car when washing it. Give it a good clean/wash etc etc then go a very quick drive for a few minutes with some heavy braking, then back home to dry off any spun water. Sad. But true. And tell me about the 'Autumn' dirt mate - dunno about your way, but its been miserable here and the car is caked in crap.... Baby is asleep now though with wifey. Might get out a sneaky car clean now ;)

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
The becker doesn't operate the phone/storage device you select what you want on the phone itself.

I'm sitting through Mr Tumble at the moment ;)