MY01 Leon Cupra now with CCFL angel eyes 2 1/2" dp-200cell cat and one box

romeo

Oct 9, 2008
lancashire
hi lee really like the mods that you have done to your car! i have just about managed to put on some angel lights on my leon but i'm not getting a good light pattern its very low and a bit cross i mean its not straight cut off line instead its a bit at an angle dont know why? and also i am thinking about installing xenon hid kit but without having the light pattern properly balanced i dont want to risk installing hids. so i need your help how can i level it higher up and make the pattern straighter? and what colour temperature hids shall i go with stuck between 4300k and 6000k? as much as i would love to have those ccfl halos that you have i cant do that dont know where to start or knowledge and tools so got just standard halos/angels.

pls help

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Thank you :)
You need to adjust the adjusters on the rear, either park near a wall and see which one does what and then go to an mot station and have them set up on their machine.
I went with the 4.3k in the end 55w superb light, although i had to dremel out the bulb entrance to accept the HID bulb, some angel require it, some don't.

romeo

Oct 9, 2008
lancashire
thank you very much for a quick reply yes i was thinking about the 4300k as i didnt want too bluish light but then i also dont want yellowish light! is it possible to see yours with 4300k as i saw the pic with 6000k but not seen 4300k. also another question you know with my old lights i could adjust the lights level from inside the car but since i have installed the angel lights that dont work either is that what happens after angel installation?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
The motors can't be fitted to angel eyes, well, not mine anyhow

55W 4300k HIDS fitted

DSC05076LargeMedium.jpg

DSC05079Medium.jpg

DSC05080Medium.jpg

romeo

Oct 9, 2008
lancashire
oh ok. erm now a really stupid question is it safe and legal to install hid kit with angel lights projector lights then reflector lights. i know it doesnt have auto leveling. and how much difference is there between 35w and 55w? can i please see the picture of your angel lights with 4300k i want to see how the front looks and the colour output. sorry for asking soo many questions and soo many requests.

romeo

Oct 9, 2008
lancashire
hi leee thanks sooo much man you are a legend i finally managed to adjust my angel lights and get them to be a bit higher up thanks to you! Now hopefully soon gonna order the hid kit not sure where from most probably ebay but dont know which seller to go with as they all give different things but i do know what i want now its gonna be 6000k 35w because after looking at the the picture of 55w i personally think thats a bit too bright and also you can see the angel lights cos of the brightness.

thanks for all your help deeply appreciated

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Lucky dip on the sellers i need a new kit as one of mines is intermittent now.
It's really hard to get the pictures right when taking them of headlights, always better with the naked eye.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Not an update, well, i guess it might be lol

I'm about-40mm lowered on 17's and the roads are a joke! to the extent I'm seriously considering putting my 16's back on with a higher profile.
PITA having to look at the road to dodge the pot holes.

Tomas

Feb 16, 2011
Cornwall!
Ahreet Lee, awesome Leon!

Was wondering where you got your quickshift pin from? Sorry if someones already asked this!