N249 Bypass guide LCR

tipping44

Tipping44
Jul 30, 2014
telford
Hey Everyone, I know there has been 16 pages of questions already, but just so i understand, following the method on page 1 , your just simply bypassing the n249, nothing can actually be removed from the top of the engine ? ( The vacuum box and so on )

The only reason i ask is because i noticed this (http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/how-to-n249-bypass-amk-bam-engine.197570/) got posted on 1 of the pages - No idea which guide to actually follow as this link seems to remove everything.

Sorry to ask something that may already have been answered, I have read all 16 pages and still unsure!

shanky77

Sep 26, 2005
Ipswich, Suffolk
Hey Everyone, I know there has been 16 pages of questions already, but just so i understand, following the method on page 1 , your just simply bypassing the n249, nothing can actually be removed from the top of the engine ? ( The vacuum box and so on )

The only reason i ask is because i noticed this (link that I cant quote) got posted on 1 of the pages - No idea which guide to actually follow as this link seems to remove everything.

Sorry to ask something that may already have been answered, I have read all 16 pages and still unsure!

Once you've done the bypass you can simply remove everything that is no longer being used, just make sure you keep the grey piece connected minus the hoses so that it doesn't throw a fault and you'll be fine.

I did the bypass a while ago and finally removed the bits in the week and it all looks so much better.

Would put pics up but still need more posts.......

tipping44

Tipping44
Jul 30, 2014
telford
Thanks for the reply, Okay great, Going to give it a go as soon as a get hold of the 5mm connector I need, guide looks easy to follow, just wasn't sure what i was supposed to be left with after the mod. Shame you cant get any pics up!

rizer290

Apr 22, 2010
Northampton
Well thanks for guide, having put this of for some time I finally thought I would try it, the results were very impressive more boost more response, not too sure about more chatter from DV though. Is this common as sound like I've put a split R on my car.

irf

Feb 5, 2014
Just wanted to say a big thank you for this guide, was very easy, seems a little more responsive and I don't get any chatter at all even though it wouldn't have bothered me if it happened at low psi. To those it's happening to have you got a stiffer spring in your 007/008s?

Gained a few psi which I can't complain about but slightly worried as ive gone from a peak of 19psi to 22!

Will keep an eye on it and then in the next few weeks get rid of all the pipe work.

Again, thanks.

Edit. Took it for a proper drive yesterday, boost peak is actually the same as it should be but jumps a couple of psi on gear change (3rd to 4th). It's as it should be thankfully.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.