Narrowed down the problem

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
i can understand why the other springs exist, I'm just thinking now that the ratings that forge give them are perhaps "suggestive" rather than gospel. I suppose if you have a leak or something (DV constantly dumping/leaking) then get a stronger spring, but i'm not having any of that with the green one and 20+ psi....
I just followed the recommendations thinking that I had to do it, but seems not!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I have tested mine previously to see how much pressure it could take before any leak could be heard... >22psi in my test and the leak was the slightest of hiss's which in no way could ever be felt as a loss of power. You could just abou it creep past the piston.

If you check a std DV to see what vacuum is req'd to lift it and compare other springs and other valves, you would not be so hasty to just fit stiffer springs in.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
TBH the spring was changed due to recommendations from many other places/people - including Forge, and when i compared the std to 007P I could swear that the std was stronger than the forge with a green spring. Hey ho, we live and learn :D

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
so where and what is the n249 is it worth me bypassing it to see if my boost improves and will it show any fault codes

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.