Need advice on Performance parts for my Ibiza GTI Cupra 16v

davecupra16v

Right,

I've recently bought a gorgeous Ibiza 2.0 GTI 16v (In White, Rare Colour i've been told) and require some advice on what parts to get.

I'm not wanting to go daft just want know the best parts and best places to get them to get value for Money.

So Please can somone help me on getting the following

Performance Exhaust - Magnex Cat Back System??? Best price I've found
is £329 (has to be stainless steel)

De-Cat Pipe - Havent been able to even find one (again must be stainless)

Air Filter - Haven't found a decent one yet, not sure what type and
manufacture is best to go for. Dont want a cheap Wack on K'n'N Filter or
Piper cross. Would an Enclosed air filter be best??? BMC maybe???

Springs - Again Haven't got a clue on what type to go for. i dont want a harsh ride where i keep smashing my teeth up. Nice and low, thats it.

Not sure if you can get one but a Stainless steel 4 branch Manifold would also be nice if you can get them.

Hope someone can help me on this. Your help would be really appreciated

Thanks!

Dave

Ben16v

Jan 8, 2007
Glastonbury
www.gmvw.co.uk
Search it all, its all been talked about many a time.

Me personally,

Exhaust - Magnex cat back- Just the job, iv got one and does the job fine.

Air filter - Green panel filter - Cost bugger all compared to induction kits and work better personally, drill air box for added air flow!

Suspension - Dont bother with just springs, at least do matched shocks or wait and get a half decent set of adjustables be it damping or height. £400 can get a very respectable set up.

Manifold - Good luck, nothing decent goes around and something that every valver owner would love on here!!

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
4 branch manifold would need to be custom made, as the only ones they make are for right hand drive cars

air filter id personally go for a BMC CDA

and i had a cat back LONGLIFE stainless exhaust put on for 220 ;)

Just a start for you

EDIT: and my start was beaten to...

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
4 branchs are rare as rocking horse shite

i've bought some evo coilies for £185, mk4 polo ones fit the mk2 ibiza, a guy off clubpolo does them:

link here:
http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=35531

i've bought a BMC CDA, very good induction kit, well worth the money (£170), my car also came with a mk2 golf scorpion cat back exhaust, and as for the decat it'll have to be custom made i'm afraid. I'm getting one done for between £50-90, tyring to make it interchangeable for MOT time.

hope that helps

chris

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
decat pipe is available from supersprint ;)

from memory it's listed for toledo but fits the ibiza/cordoba aswell (but will only fit if the car is running seperate downpipe/cat not the one piece system it left the factory with)

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Chrisdaman... always wondered but why is your avatar of what looks like a skoda?
old polo coupe isnt it ?
decat pipe is available from supersprint ;)

from memory it's listed for toledo but fits the ibiza/cordoba aswell (but will only fit if the car is running seperate downpipe/cat not the one piece system it left the factory with)
cheers Roly - i knew there was something i'd forgotten to cut up

something i always wonder about with these engines is. Why bother with a carbon fibre heat shielded intake jobey. Ive got a pipercross viper on mine. My reasoning being is the pipe after is made of rubber so will heat up anyway, not to mention the metal inlet manifold only goes over the top of the facking engine. Surely it just soaks up the heat?

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
something i always wonder about with these engines is. Why bother with a carbon fibre heat shielded intake jobey. Ive got a pipercross viper on mine. My reasoning being is the pipe after is made of rubber so will heat up anyway, not to mention the metal inlet manifold only goes over the top of the facking engine. Surely it just soaks up the heat?

Its probably because the CF heatshield wont heat up like an aluminium one would, and it wont melt like a plastic one could. Its also quite light and ......... everyone loves carbon fibre [B)]

Mig

edc

Blue Leather & Shiny Bits
Feb 8, 2002
Surrey
www.clairecoileytrust.com
Its probably because the CF heatshield wont heat up like an aluminium one would, and it wont melt like a plastic one could. Its also quite light and ......... everyone loves carbon fibre [B)]

Mig

Loads of plastic in the engine bay, not to mention the airbox itself. After a run the plastic airbox is actually one of the coolest parts along the intake ...

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Loads of plastic in the engine bay, not to mention the airbox itself. After a run the plastic airbox is actually one of the coolest parts along the intake ...

Oh yeah :doh:. I'll shut up now.......................but CF still looks cool :p

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise