new hesitancy issues

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
on part throttle i have hesititancy issues, as in part throttle seems to pull back and hissing sound(hard to describe)feels like air going in and swirling around somewhere then going through to give power.....

now, i have run vagcom logs, maf is fine, boost is fine so id say the problem is pre turbo... if the maf measured the metered air then it was escaping from the tip somewhere could this cause hesitancy and lean running? can definatly hear intermittant hissing from the engine bay but struggling to pinpoint it

could a problem with the tip (samco uprated silicone, approx 4 years old) cause this, i have checked all pipes under inlet manny, there is some oil under there but im knacked if i can find a split anywhere.

if boost on vagcom is good then surely the problem is pre turbo?

only other issue i see is running slightly lean on requested and actual?

help would be appreciated if anyone else has experienced this.

dv is forge 006 and has been serviced recently running yellow spring, was like this before on standard spring?/

when driving the induction kit makes a lot of whoosing noises and sounds like dart vader on speed.

hmmmh

Last edited:
did it solve the issues though? if so i would quess something is wrong with the n75? i could be wrong but i think thats made redundant by the bypass, and its a common fault too i think.

so if the bypass got rid of the hesitation it would narrow it down.

im sure iv seen on the board before that a bit of hesitation is quite common on the LCR, like i say mine did it before the bypass too.

other than that im:confused:

but hopefully someone will have an answer :blink:

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
bypass didnt solve it, and n75 is noting to do with n249 mate...boost logs show its fine meeting requested so n75 should be ok.

im sure theres an air leak somewhere

smiff

Jun 14, 2006
stoke on trent
Had the same problem on my lc sounds like just as the turbo is spooling up its dumping all of the preasure back through the dv sometimes it happens and sometimes not also at different rev ranges sometimes very early around 1500rpm then others at around 2500rpm can cause a few problems when trying to join a dual carridgeway or motorway serviced my 007 and running it the wronge way to try and help but with no results im also running forge tip and turbo back miltek with 200cell cat on custom code stage 1 im at a loss with it realy as this has been going on for ages now:shrug:

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
had this for about 8 month now james replaced all jubliee clips and most pipes to forge 1s and new mafs and what every else ive done tried 2 forge dv,s different air filters and still ant solved it iam in the same boat as you ive just learn to live with it now

Witalik

ROTTERDAM FEYENOORD
Dec 28, 2008
Netherlands
i have this same problem to only in the gear 4 5 and 6 because the rest is just giving minimal throttle.

and sometime overtaking someone on the motorway with half throttle it seems to spool up 1.5 secs en then its gone and then it starts again. but with Full throttle nothing bad happens.

also it looks like sometimes my DV is blowing 2 times. 1 just before i let the throttle go and right after that.

on other forum i was told u can check ur inlet gas valve too (dont know how to say in english) and have it learned in new with VAG com

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Be worth servicing it. after 10 months I found mine sticking once car had warmed up... similar symptoms to whats being reported on this thread.

Witalik

ROTTERDAM FEYENOORD
Dec 28, 2008
Netherlands
ok so that could affect the hesitation off the turbo ? okey.

i was thinking of an other valve too maybe the APR RS diverter valve.

does this give the same sound as the forge ones ?? cuz it is membrane based

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
sounded ? do you have a other one fitted ?

would you recommend an other dv than the apr R1 ?

Not used any others other than forge and bailey piston type.
:cry: I say sounded as shes not been driven in 6 months. Ive gone self employed so it was daft never driving her and paying tax/Ins. Im driving a 110bhp passat estate, when Ive done a bit better I can buy a 69bhp :cry::cry::cry: caddy/inca van. Do better still and I can put the cupra back on the road;):D
The alternative was selling her so its all good really. Been a long 6 months....

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
James just to let you know that when i had some hesistancy problems my requestes boost was meeting my actual boost almost all the time. Car was far away from running fine - very laggy and actually slow. I had problem with those little pipes under inlet manifold but im sure you have checked that already.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members