New Leon Headlights with Daytime Running LEDs

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
i quite like them, but definitely have to see them in real life first. If only Hella made something similar, then you could pretty much be sure about the quality.

bobmcgod

Jan 22, 2007
I don't think these lights would look good on a normal leon or even a fr or cupra. But one with the areo kit yes. They're a very "showy" item so go well with the in your face areo kit.

...And on a k1 you're only going to see a slight blur anyway :p

da_gleadless

I've just bought my leon 2.0 tdi sport and i reckon at xmas payday i will part with my cash and upload some photos....watch this space.
and if they look crap watch the news for a suicide attempt :help:

Xe

I think they look smart when on the car. Looks like it will fit OEM Xenon only.

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
I think they look smart when on the car. Looks like it will fit OEM Xenon only.

very much doubt it as that would limit their customer base...

i gaurantee they are made for H7s. hids would look **** hot in them as they have the projector lenses also:rolleyes:

gazp123

Feb 1, 2008
Sunderland
I want a set! if they were £200 I would have got them but £300 is far too much! I wonder if there is enough interest and they do them in a RHD if we could have a group buy for them?? If the price was cheap enough.

Anyone fancy it?

bobmcgod

Jan 22, 2007
So soon we're either going to be seeing alot of these or will have a large pile of dead leon owners who have killed themselves.... Going to be interesting this.

gazp123

Feb 1, 2008
Sunderland
will it cost much to get then changed to RHD? or is it easy to do yourself? Cant wait to see the pics mate! your a richer and braver man than me!

da_gleadless

I've got them on order and in black, could give you guys some advice when i get them if you like...

(yes i took the leap of faith....:whistle:)

Incidentally, which site did you get them from and what was the exact cost?:D

JayTse

A Natural Petrolhead....
Dec 4, 2008
Runcorn//Barnsley//Newcastle
@gazp123 - far from richer.. :lol: it was either a stupid idea or im just taking it for the team.. lol...

but just found out that these lights are only LHD which is bit of a bugger:cry:

but i'll see what they are like when they arrive (as i can return them)... currently stuck at customs at Hamburg... but it will be with me at the beginning of next week.... (so they say)

@da_gleadless - got it from the guy on the ebay link.. works out to be around £50 ish mark cheaper than the companies website.. it was £299 + £9.99 p+p so £308.99 in total...

Al

Aug 29, 2005
good find that mate!

All we need now is a uk supplier and RHD version and I'm getting some. Loving the rear led lights as well might have to swap my Hella's for some of them!

Mind that the reverse light and fog lights are arse for tit as well as the headlights pointing the wrong way...

gazp123

Feb 1, 2008
Sunderland
I no mate thats the only think thats putting me off. That was the whole debate about the hella lights but it was an easy fix just swap the bulbs around but ive had a look on the german ebay theres a few photos on there and i dont think its possible with the LEDs. They are going for 190 euro if anyone is interested.

Why are we always last to get stuff in the UK???

Last edited:

da_gleadless

@gazp123 - far from richer.. :lol: it was either a stupid idea or im just taking it for the team.. lol...

but just found out that these lights are only LHD which is bit of a bugger:cry:

but i'll see what they are like when they arrive (as i can return them)... currently stuck at customs at Hamburg... but it will be with me at the beginning of next week.... (so they say)

@da_gleadless - got it from the guy on the ebay link.. works out to be around £50 ish mark cheaper than the companies website.. it was £299 + £9.99 p+p so £308.99 in total...

Cheers Jay...I tried the link to begin with but it didnt work, though il persevere:funk:

I checked the dectane site too, but the exchange rate is'nt doing alot to help:blink:

I will post some belated photos in a few weeks after payday:D

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
I sent the guy an email when I first saw them on eBay, and he insists they are for RHD?

I too am of the opinion that £300 is far too much, but I do like them. I am a bit of a showy person, and as someone mentioned, these would compliment the Aero kit on my car perfectly.

I also really like the look of those LED rear lights. Very smart indeed!:dance:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.