New Mk5 SC (Pics now added)

Shadder's 09SC

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and have just got my brand new 1.6 Ibiza SC sport in candy white delivered yesterday:D. I've already got the Rear windows tinted which looks a lot better on a bright white car.

Can't post pictures just yet so will have to get to 15 posts, But in the mean time does anyone know if you can get a performance panel filter for this model/ engine yet.

Any other comments welcome guys (and girly's)

Jay

Last edited by a moderator:

cyphnar

Feb 19, 2009
Swindon, Wiltshire
I'd imagine the engine is like the others in the ibizas, and currently exist somewhere else in the VAGroup, not sure but there must be the same 1.6 available for polo's or golfs or A1's or something, and those filters would work for this engine. but i don't know if they'd fit the SC...

I've got mine on order in candy white with 17" and the 'design' pack which is the tinted windows, custom dash and something else (arm rest maybe??)

-Cyph

Shadder's 09SC

I'd imagine the engine is like the others in the ibizas, and currently exist somewhere else in the VAGroup, not sure but there must be the same 1.6 available for polo's or golfs or A1's or something, and those filters would work for this engine. but i don't know if they'd fit the SC...

I've got mine on order in candy white with 17" and the 'design' pack which is the tinted windows, custom dash and something else (arm rest maybe??)

-Cyph

Hmm Yes, Bit of a sore point about the design pack, I ordered quite a while ago just after release. Not all dealers were fully aware of options:shrug: I just wanted the car. Wasn't aware of the pack at the time so I just got my windows done seperatly the same day the car was delivered:lol:

Good choice with the alloys too, thats something else i should have got. It pays to have patiance. I'll put some pics up tonight anyway;).

Good luck

cyphnar

Feb 19, 2009
Swindon, Wiltshire
Talking of patiance... There's a new 1.6TDi CR with 105Ps, that is replacing the 1.9TDi...

I've ordered my 1.9, and Monday will be week 9 since my order (just waiting for a call back from the dealer) so i'm hoping i get the 1.9, and he doesn't say it's delayed until they've stuck a 1.6 in it.. I want my CAR!! :(

I don't really mind which diesel, 1.6 might even be a bit better on the insurance front, but i want my car.. bored of waiting now. it's been 8 long weeks, and i feel like im fighting the ealer for any information :S

-Cyph

Shadder's 09SC

Talking of patiance... There's a new 1.6TDi CR with 105Ps, that is replacing the 1.9TDi...

I've ordered my 1.9, and Monday will be week 9 since my order (just waiting for a call back from the dealer) so i'm hoping i get the 1.9, and he doesn't say it's delayed until they've stuck a 1.6 in it.. I want my CAR!! :(

I don't really mind which diesel, 1.6 might even be a bit better on the insurance front, but i want my car.. bored of waiting now. it's been 8 long weeks, and i feel like im fighting the ealer for any information :S

-Cyph

Dealer's can be difficult and sometimes dont know things themselves. It's the same for most manufacturer's. I'm actually in the car industry and im aware the typical waiting times for the Seat SC is between 12-14 Weeks, So should not be too long now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadder's 09SC

Finally able to get some pics up.

No mods, Just tint. Comments welcome, Don't think I've seen any other with SC's yet.

SP_A0366.jpg

SP_A0367.jpg

SP_A0368.jpg

SP_A0369.jpg

SP_A0370.jpg

SP_A0371.jpg

SP_A0372.jpg

SP_A0373.jpg

:funk:

O sorry about picture quality, Only taken on my phone , Will get some better one's probably over the week end.

Jay

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
test driven both SC and 5dr and still prefer the looks of the mk4 inside and out, never been convinced by the mk5...all i would really change is the chassis as the mk5 feels a LOT sturdier and grips well around bends (even with the thin tyres on the 1.2's)

i think everyone would have loved them to all look more like the bocanegra concept

nice car though mate :thumbup: each to their own at the end of the day

i would advise you to get the aero kit on yours as it toughens up the look quite a bit and does look mean on the SC's

cyphnar

Feb 19, 2009
Swindon, Wiltshire
Looks really nice mate.. really really nice!!

Could you take a pic side on, so show the ride height? I'm sure you've seen the other thread about how high another forum members new ibiza was... did you have the same issues, or all fine n dandy?

-Cyph

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
i read that on another post, someone from seat with inside info...can't wait as i think they done a very poor job with the FR and CUPRA (which leads me to believe the bocanegra lookalike will only come into production as a facelift model)

Shadder's 09SC

Looks really nice mate.. really really nice!!

Could you take a pic side on, so show the ride height? I'm sure you've seen the other thread about how high another forum members new ibiza was... did you have the same issues, or all fine n dandy?

-Cyph

If i was honest, I'd say it was still high:(. I've seen the other thread and mine doesn't quite look as high as that, But it may be down to the 17" alloys he has.:think:

The problem is it rides so well and has good suspension travel and feel, yet doesn't roll in the corners, It's a shame they didn't throw caution to the wind a little and lower the sport model further, But then they under cut themselves with a key selling point to the sportier FR, and the sportier still Cupra.

One of my only few complaints really.

Shadder's 09SC

Very nice in white... get it SLAMMED :)

Next on the list i think. Need's it as it does sit a little high. Even if it's fairly subtle i.e 20mm it will make a big difference. Think at least 40mm is best though, So will see.

I'm tempted by the FR though already to be honest :whistle:

sportsc

Does look beautiful in white,just wish the wife would agree with me:argue:
That is the colour i would like.

If i was honest, I'd say it was still high:(. I've seen the other thread and mine doesn't quite look as high as that, But it may be down to the 17" alloys he has.:think:

The problem is it rides so well and has good suspension travel and feel, yet doesn't roll in the corners, It's a shame they didn't throw caution to the wind a little and lower the sport model further, But then they under cut themselves with a key selling point to the sportier FR, and the sportier still Cupra.

One of my only few complaints really.

Detailed my sisters MK5 for the second time on Sunday and my only critisum styling wise with the car is the huge gap between the arches really. Hers has the sport pack with 17's & silver does shine up very well with only a little XXX Hardcore Wax[B)]

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members