Noob in need of lcr info

adamdabby

Hi all, i am looking at getting a cupra r 225 and just wanted a bit of info. Tried a search but didnt really answer all my questions. Here goes:

What are the differences between the 225 and the 210?
What year/reg did the 225 first come out?
Do the 18" alloys and recaro seats come as standard?
What sort of money am i looking at for a 225 depending on year/mileage?
Obviously i am not buying one for economical driving but what sort of return do you get on a full tank and how much is it to fill up roughly?

Just wanted to get some details before i get talked into buying a model i dont really want.
Many thanks in advance.
adamdabby:funk:

20vtB0b

Cupra R - No looking back
Mar 25, 2003
Woking
Visit site
18" wheels are standard, Recaros are options
I get between 250 and 300 miles per tank depending on the kind of journeys.

Bob

mmfb

Feb 12, 2003
Berkshire
Visit site
I *think* 225s came out in 03. Not sure when. I think there are some 03s on 52 plates that are still 210 as well. So you gotta know what your are looking for.

Im not sure if there is any way to confirm it without hooking it up to the diags - anyone else know if there is a way to tell its not a 210 in 225 clothing ?

20vtB0b

Cupra R - No looking back
Mar 25, 2003
Woking
Visit site
mmfb said:
I *think* 225s came out in 03. Not sure when. I think there are some 03s on 52 plates that are still 210 as well. So you gotta know what your are looking for.

Im not sure if there is any way to confirm it without hooking it up to the diags - anyone else know if there is a way to tell its not a 210 in 225 clothing ?

Mine was one of the last 03 210s, I think the changeover to the 225s happened around the 53 plate introduction (although a few 210s might be on 53 plates).

As for telling them apart visually, 225s have a different steering wheel (Cupra badge on the bottom, red strip at the top) and have a different colour Cupra badge on the back (silver and red). You could also look at the engine code, I can't remember what the 2 different codes are, but the search button will help you out here (as it would have with all the rest of the information).

Bob

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.