obd bluetooth

lee_woollett

Jan 19, 2009
northampton
anyone know how to remove the central air vent? I'm thinking my HTC hero will fit in the space turned on it's side. Just don't want to rip the vent out and break anything.

Do you need to block of the pipework behind the vents? If so how has this been done? I've seen pictures of 2 or 3 guages in place of the vents and I'm wondering if I can fit my phone and a boost gauge in the space.

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
I got a good phonecall today,
My insurance company declared my HTC Magic too expensive to repair so they've given me an Xperia X10
A 2 year old android for a relatively new one and my contracts up in feb! Hoping for a tablet for the Car!

don't shout so loud
the x10 is end of life and will no longer be upgraded beyond 2.1

chriskarl22

anyone tryed any of the iphone apps, they dont appear compattible with bluetooth obd :/ only the wlan odb things which are all like £90 :/

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
We are in the starting phases of creating an application thats cross-platform, which should exceed this by a considerable amount. We've found that coding under Android/Windows for the Bluetooth stack is relatively easy.

However coding for iPhone is considerably more difficult, we are concentrating on Android/Windows First.
The moving to Apple afterwards.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Sure, it'll be a slow process at first,
I'm still thinking of names, I imagine the first build that I send to you for TDI's might not work straight away but you'll just need to email us back the logs and we'll fix it from there.

Petrol will be easy to work with, as I own one so my friend will have my car at his disposal.
Once the site/forums are up and running I'll drop a link on here.
Still thinking of a name at the moment.
Was going to go for OBDRoid but its already taken :)

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
We are working off the Cheap OBD2 Bluetooth ones from Ebay at the moment.
My mates got the Blue one, I have the orange one.
Turns out their the same chipsets, one has the lights on the top, the other on the bottom thats the only difference.

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
these

obd2blue.jpg

obd2orange.jpg

adamstreeter

Feb 10, 2010
i also have the blue one....after a rom upgrade on my phone it forgot the pairing password for the bluetooth connection....was wondering if someone with a manual to hand could remind me of it, i tried 0000, 1234 etc but didn't want to pair....

thanks for any help,