OBD Modifications

May 14, 2022
@Zoidberg @Widil

I recently purchased a New steering wheel incl. TA (5FA419091BF WVY)

Installation was quite easy using the instructions given in this thread, however coding seems to be the issue for me.

I'm not able to make any changes in menu 13 ACC and therefore I cant mark the capacitive steering wheel.
Actually the complete cruise control option is not working anymore.

Hopefully someone can help me

Antera

@Zoidberg @Widil

I recently purchased a New steering wheel incl. TA (5FA419091BF WVY)

Installation was quite easy using the instructions given in this thread, however coding seems to be the issue for me.

I'm not able to make any changes in menu 13 ACC and therefore I cant mark the capacitive steering wheel.
Actually the complete cruise control option is not working anymore.

Hopefully someone can help me
Send you pm

Last edited:

Antera

There should also startups animation on the interior ledlines. I saw it somewhere but didnt flink it.

I tought it was not possible but for some kind of reason when i was cleaning the car and got in the car after a while i saw on the dashboard ledline 2 colors. When ignition/engine came on it came back in one color.

See attached file for the 2 colors.

Somebody saw this and now why?

Last week my Leon was updated to 1896 now i have the lichtshow when opening and locking th car at night.

Also got wireless full link now

Last edited:
Reactions: Tell
May 14, 2022
What was the issue and how did you fix it?
I was not able to make any changes (activate TA and install cap. Steering wheel) to module 13 after installation of the New steering wheel.
Decided to re-instal the old steering wheel and check again. Luckily I was able to make changes in module 13 again, (following all the steps in the right sequence open bonnet, security codes, etc. ) So immediately installed the new steering wheel and it works like a charm.

Most likely I did something wrong in the first place.

I found the steering wheel last week on ebay. (From 4yourdrive)

Reactions: Antera

RoadXY

Feb 28, 2021
Last week my Leon was updated to 1896 now i have the lichtshow when opening and locking th car at nicht.

Also got wireless full link now
What kind of lightshow do you have/mean?
It wasn't there before then?

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
Concerning the purple ambient light color, after testing a hundred different codes, I must say that it's impossible to achieve unless stock-coded in the newest car or with code swap from enabled-willing-garage like MQB coding & retrofit.
So it just sucks !

davidgballester

Sep 3, 2021
Well, the retrofit travel assist club has another member 😄 Got my new steering wheel 2 days ago and did the retrofit yesterday. Tried it out on a relatively long trip I had to take (600+ km) and worked like a charm!

85F197A4-87B9-4013-9DBF-4D50CE4781C0.jpeg

Reactions: KoNG

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Well, the retrofit travel assist club has another member 😄 Got my new steering wheel 2 days ago and did the retrofit yesterday. Tried it out on a relatively long trip I had to take (600+ km) and worked like a charm!
What is the steering wheel part number with shift paddles?

aripekkarinen

Jun 1, 2022
Finland

View attachment 31975
Hello, did you follow installing and coding instructions on post #60 by Zoidberg or post on #188 by Zoidberg?

I'm bit unsure about getting everything right, so do you have any "nice to know" tips for my first retrofit for steering wheel with TA?

davidgballester

Sep 3, 2021
Hello, did you follow installing and coding instructions on post #60 by Zoidberg or post on #188 by Zoidberg?

I'm bit unsure about getting everything right, so do you have any "nice to know" tips for my first retrofit for steering wheel with TA?
I followed these instructions: https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/obd-modifications.463977/post-4983501

As for the actual steering wheel swap, I didn't do it myself, I took it to a garage and they changed it there, because the truth is that I'm kind of a mess with these kinds of things and I didn't trust myself haha honestly I don't regret it at all because he charged me 28€ and it gives me the peace of mind that it is done by a professional, especially considering the airbag and such.

Reactions: aripekkarinen

aripekkarinen

Jun 1, 2022
Finland
Is there available any combined list of working long codings for Leon MK4. If there is, please let me know, I would like to test some. But if there is not, should we do it? I came here to learn how to long code TA for my Leon, but then little inner "nerd" woke up inside me and wanted to try some other functions/long coding too.

>>So if you have some list of working long codings or even one working function please send me pm with info what does it do and step by step what needs to be done with long coding to get results. I start to combine list and put it somewhere public, where eveyone can get it.

Please note that I am totally newbie with OBD11 and long coding, but I'm willing to try, so next person who wants to do so too, can find easier way of do it. And sorry my bit clumsy english.

Reactions: Dennisvs

aripekkarinen

Jun 1, 2022
Finland
Hello,

I got my capacitive steering wheel today and now I am trying to code TA with infos in message #118 by zoidberg, but I can't code unit 13 at all. I also have tons of error messages after changing the steering wheel? Please help, I changed my old steering wheel back and get all the same errors and unit 13 cannot be coded. Any ideas?
IMG_20220608_191434.jpg