OBD Modifications

Oct 18, 2021
Turkey
I have tried cupra view but no luck, I have active view 7 and 8

I have tried cupra view with vcds activated view 7 and 8 but no change
Is there any security access code?
i think you have to activate it in dashboard it self. In classic view(circular) you have to press and hold ok button while it shows the car in the middle otherwise scroll up or down to show the car then press and hold ok button, then you see active views(sth like that i don't remember) and you will see cupra.

Reactions: LeonST 184

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
i think you have to activate it in dashboard it self. In classic view(circular) you have to press and hold ok button while it shows the car in the middle otherwise scroll up or down to show the car then press and hold ok button, then you see active views(sth like that i don't remember) and you will see cupra.
Exactly this. Also worth noting that the Cupra view's max RPM is 500 higher than the Seat version..

Reactions: LeonST 184
Nov 27, 2023
¡Si!
la codificación es esta:

unidad de control 03 frenos ,

codificación larga se mueve a los bytes, dibujo 0101010101
vas hasta abajo moviéndote completamente hacia la derecha, cuentas 6 regresando hacia la izquierda y encuentras una entrada que comienza con A, la mía era A2
Elimine el bit 01 y coloque el bit 02; la entrada pasa a ser A4.
Desplácese para activar.
Hola chicos finalizados

¡Sí!
la codificación es esta:

unidad de control 03 frenos ,

codificación larga se mueve a los bytes, dibujo 0101010101
vas hasta abajo moviéndote completamente hacia la derecha, cuentas 6 regresando hacia la izquierda y encuentras una entrada que comienza con A, la mía era A2
Elimine el bit 01 y coloque el bit 02; la entrada pasa a ser A4.
Desplácese para activar.
finalizado
.Hola, muchas gracias, ¿podrías confirmar el byte? ¿El número 29? Me da 8F repito gracias

LeonST 184

Dec 22, 2021
Scotland
Exactly this. Also worth noting that the Cupra view's max RPM is 500 higher than the Seat version..
Thanks for help, amazing! It works now perfectly 👍👌
IMG_20231127_081945.jpg

witek_77

Jul 11, 2023
PL
mounted. Unfortunately, the percentages do not allow me to take the test today. the errors were cleared and nothing came back. We'll see.

@simoammi for me this module works perfectly. Yesterday I drove 30 km without touching the steering wheel. there were 4 red traffic lights and some traffic jam. the rest of the way about 90 km/h.
1000026081.jpg
1000026083.jpg

Last edited:

LeonST 184

Dec 22, 2021
Scotland
Hi Everyone,

I have been having a play with OBDeleven with my car (FR First Edition) and have managed to code some things and thought Id share what I have found and create a thread where people can share there findings for us all.

I have managed to code:
Cupra Display
Lane Assist Point Of Intervention (Have yet to test, but should keep the car more central rather then let it almost drift out of lane before kicking in)
Lane Assist Set To Last Setting
Lane Assist Warnings Turned Off

I know a lot of people find lane assist is already to sensitive (its already set to lowest from factory), so I might have found a solution to this too. So you can turn it off and it will remember this setting each time the car is turned on etc, so now you can make it sensitive for the motorway and only turn it on when you want it.

Cupra Display:
Module 17 (Dashboard) -> Long Coding -> View Activation -> Set All 16 Views to active -> Write To Car

View attachment 21580

Lane Assist Point Of Intervention:
Module A5 (Driver Assistance) -> Long Coding -> Point Of Intervention -> Set To Early -> Write To Car

Lane Assist Warnings:
Module A5 (Driver Assistance) -> Long Coding -> Lane Assist Off Text -> Set To Disabled -> Write To Car

View attachment 21581

Lane Assist Settings:
Module A5 (Driver Assistance) -> Long Coding -> Configuration For Lane Departure Warning K15 -> Set To Last Setting -> Write To Car

Let me know what you guys find :D
Hi How you getting on with lane assist, I did same coding and steering is constantly adjusting to keep ca in the middle, in my previous mk3.5 this was so much smoother and better working 😐 thanks

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Just noticed that the OBD11 Device has now been updated and does full scans of Toyota and Lexus models (no coding just Diagnostics) and the Black Friday sale now has PRO and ULTIMATE Plans with 12, 24 and 36 Month subscription for those looking to renew.

Reactions: Tell
Nov 30, 2023
hi@all, i have a seat leon kl and i'm waiting for my new obd11, you know if there is any sort of file with all the codings i can apply? i have buy it for android wireless, cupra display and to disable the automatic turning on of the line assist, but all others changes are welcome :D

thanks a lot!!

Oct 18, 2021
Turkey
hi@all, i have a seat leon kl and i'm waiting for my new obd11, you know if there is any sort of file with all the codings i can apply? i have buy it for android wireless, cupra display and to disable the automatic turning on of the line assist, but all others changes are welcome :D

thanks a lot!!
go to the first post of this thread, there is what all you need except wireless auto. for wireless you can do a quick search. if you want more go to the post #303

Tell

Staff member
Just seen this today looks like in the Audi on the latest cars no coding is possible only a matter of time before the rest of the group are impacted.

also seen on https://www.myaudiq5.com/threads/vcds-odis-etc-and-my24-models.81382/

I guess OBD11 Saw this coming when they spent all the money and time building the SFD Interface, I wonder if Ross Tech will carry on with development now

View attachment 39418
They only introduced SFD (or as Google correct says STD🤔) to earn money so it appears from coding device companies and punters by costs passed on. Imagine with SFD2 it's another income stream for Vag. Wouldn't get too excite, just know you got to cough up more.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
They only introduced SFD (or as Google correct says STD🤔) to earn money so it appears from coding device companies and punters by costs passed on. Imagine with SFD2 it's another income stream for Vag. Wouldn't get too excite, just know you got to cough up more.
Don't get excited about this stuff as i have an old car that is fully open but just sharing that once again things are changing.

I suspect what this actually means is that you will only be able to code using Licensed products (so VCDS are currently going through that process) and obviously Voltas, As you say they will pass on the charges which are not cheap and you wont be able to buy tokens for tools like VCP but time will tell and this is all supposition on my part. .

I also saw a comment that also makes sense with the way cars are going that if you make changes to your car (not using a Licensed VAG Agent) and there is a problem then any law suite (think driver-less car world) VAG Can just say User has been playing with the setup and they signed an agreement that means its there fault. So I think there are two reasons and as VAG Are going through a restructure I expect to see more things on offer via the Shop and the ability to code it off being removed.

Tell

Staff member
Don't get excited about this stuff as i have an old car that is fully open but just sharing that once again things are changing.

I suspect what this actually means is that you will only be able to code using Licensed products (so VCDS are currently going through that process) and obviously Voltas, As you say they will pass on the charges which are not cheap and you wont be able to buy tokens for tools like VCP but time will tell and this is all supposition on my part. .

I also saw a comment that also makes sense with the way cars are going that if you make changes to your car (not using a Licensed VAG Agent) and there is a problem then any law suite (think driver-less car world) VAG Can just say User has been playing with the setup and they signed an agreement that means its there fault. So I think there are two reasons and as VAG Are going through a restructure I expect to see more things on offer via the Shop and the ability to code it off being removed.
I kept a copy of when the original SFD came out attached.

SFD short for Schutz Fahrzeug Diagnose or English "Protection vehicle diagnostics". Ambiguous on the title.

Least if you buy a new car and keep it you know the coding changes you made. People buying second hand or dealer demo cars may very well be hacked about so don't know whether strange behaviour is an inbuilt fault of the systems not matching up or it's been hacked about. Plenty of strange behaviour in those MQB Evo cars.🤔

Attachments

• EN_SFD-Manual_for_UMB.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
Dec 1, 2023
Hello,
I am also considering buying this module from Aliexpress. Does this module no longer cause the hands on the steering wheel warning to appear? So can I drive autonomously all the time without my hands? I have the XL package and a capacitive steering wheel so everything should fit. Have more people from this forum dared to buy this module and can report whether it works?

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    792.9 KB · Views: 82

witek_77

Jul 11, 2023
PL
Hello,
I am also considering buying this module from Aliexpress. Does this module no longer cause the hands on the steering wheel warning to appear? So can I drive autonomously all the time without my hands? I have the XL package and a capacitive steering wheel so everything should fit. Have more people from this forum dared to buy this module and can report whether it works?
I have 1.5eTSI DSG excelence from 2020y with L package. Stering wheel retrofitted from normal ACC to capacitive. After installing the module, I drove 30 km without touching the steering wheel. is great. Unfortunately, there is a problem with roundabouts and red lights :) If it doesn't work, you can return it. on Aliexpress it takes a while but you can get your money back. I can make a video tomorrow and post it as it goes
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EwRSxzj

Dec 1, 2023
I have 1.5eTSI DSG excelence from 2020y with L package. Stering wheel retrofitted from normal ACC to capacitive. After installing the module, I drove 30 km without touching the steering wheel. is great. Unfortunately, there is a problem with roundabouts and red lights :) If it doesn't work, you can return it. on Aliexpress it takes a while but you can get your money back. I can make a video tomorrow and post it as it goes
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EwRSxzj
okay perfect. I'm looking forward to the video. Did you disconnect the battery with the airbag and when you plugged in the module with the 3 plugs? I have an obd 11, does anything have to be reprogrammed if you want to use it or is it really just plug and play?
Sorry for my bad english…

witek_77

Jul 11, 2023
PL
okay perfect. I'm looking forward to the video. Did you disconnect the battery with the airbag and when you plugged in the module with the 3 plugs? I have an obd 11, does anything have to be reprogrammed if you want to use it or is it really just plug and play?
Sorry for my bad english…
I use Google translate :) my English is sufficient to ask for a beer on holiday. I disconnected it when changing the steering wheel. I didn't do this when changing the module. if you have obd11, you can delete the errors. just turn off the ignition. there is no need to remove the counter frame. just hold the plastic lever up and turn the steering wheel 90 degrees. the module itself sits quite tightly. is in a rubber casing. the only thing is that when you press the airbag the horn works

@CupraRene to much snow for use TA.
1000026260.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2023
I use Google translate :) my English is sufficient to ask for a beer on holiday. I disconnected it when changing the steering wheel. I didn't do this when changing the module. if you have obd11, you can delete the errors. just turn off the ignition. there is no need to remove the counter frame. just hold the plastic lever up and turn the steering wheel 90 degrees. the module itself sits quite tightly. is in a rubber casing. the only thing is that when you press the airbag the horn works

@CupraRene to much snow for use TA.
View attachment 39434
no problem. I ordered a module, it should be there in 10 days, then I'll report back about it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.