Oil Tempratue AND ticking noise? ----engine swap question

greganderson

Nov 16, 2009
Isle of man
Hi all,

I recently bought a 1.4 mk1 leon, its done 93k miles which i now is quite steep but i got it for a bargain,

i new there were engine problems when i bought it, but after just 3 days they're already bugging me,
i bought it off my uncle who says he's going to swap the engine out with i think a golf 1.4 engine? i know they're pretty much the same, but i wanna try keep the origional engine.

The red oil light is constantly flashing and the gauge varies between 60 and 90, and also sometimes beeps at higher revs (3-4rpm) (i also know this to be a common problem? :confused:)
ALSO there is a quiet ticking noise from the engine i dont know if its related or not? :shrug:

any help would be brilliant, im looking to fix both these problems easily and asap
all help very much appreciated :)

Last edited:

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
Mne ticks from the section above the washer jet bottle. Not all the time tho. AMD said it's meant to do that.

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
Ticking is on my LCR. I believe that is to do with dealing with exhaust emmisions and is a form of charcoal filter (correct me if I'm wrong). I never noticed it as I'm never usually outside of the car when the engine is running. Cant believe I didnt hear it when I went to see the car before buying it though...

There are quite a few threads on it here though, but the main thing is that its meant to be like that :) quite annoyingly

EDIT: Doh beaten to it!

greganderson

Nov 16, 2009
Isle of man
Ticking is on my LCR. I believe that is to do with dealing with exhaust emmisions and is a form of charcoal filter (correct me if I'm wrong). I never noticed it as I'm never usually outside of the car when the engine is running. Cant believe I didnt hear it when I went to see the car before buying it though...

There are quite a few threads on it here though, but the main thing is that its meant to be like that :) quite annoyingly

EDIT: Doh beaten to it!

really? :blink: ohh right ok :) haha thats alot off my chest :p
but still need to get the oil pressure fixed

greganderson

Nov 16, 2009
Isle of man
ok, so me and my uncle are almost ready to swap the engine to a ibiza 1.4 :D haha

just wondering does anybody know, if we're just changing the engine, none of the sensors or electrics or anything, would we need to prgramm ithe engine to the car? or should it just default? We've been told that it'd have to go to a garage to get programed, but me my uncle and my dad seem to think that we should just be able to swap it?

any help much appreciated :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.