One hell of a day *fmic done with pics*

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Riiight where do i start just finished my fmic only took me 2 days all by myself :whistle:

Started it yesterday but had to have it how i wanted which was in the middle and with the inlet and outlet at the bottom no other way was going to do and decided to do it without mesh...

The general fitting was easy but started it late yesterday about 13:00 so fitted it and then left it for the night to cut the bumper today...

only thought id have to cut a little bit off but wish i never bothered now was way more hastle than it was worth doing the bumper and still have to compleatly finish it off :ban:

Im still trying to decide wether of not to cut the bar in the middle out aswell cant decide so opinions please...

But anyway here are the pics as it stands now...

DSCN0203.jpg

how ive done the pipework...
DSCN0206.jpg

Last edited:

cuprachrissy

looks schweeeeeet, maybe, only maybe it needs moving to the right a tad. thats being picky though! great work mate ;)

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
looks schweeeeeet, maybe, only maybe it needs moving to the right a tad. thats being picky though! great work mate ;)

Yeah i did notice that myself not much i can do about it now though as ive drilled it through the crash bar instead of mounting it behind it to get it as central as possible may try and sort it eventualy but really cant be bothered for a while...

Id leave the bar in btw, looks better.

Looking at the picture again now i do think i like it with the bar still there...

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
as said above to be 'really' picky needs to go to the right by what 5-10mm looking at the plate

such a tidy job so it deserves the perfection and agreed with the bar left in too

pukka job though - worth the effort in my eyes - looks great

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
as said above to be 'really' picky needs to go to the right by what 5-10mm looking at the plate

such a tidy job so it deserves the perfection and agreed with the bar left in too

pukka job though - worth the effort in my eyes - looks great

cheers mate.

Very good!

Think I'm going to take my mesh out too show it off a bit! Then maybe move it more central... Mine involves moving the rad back though..!

thats why i secured it to the crash bar instead of behind it so didnt have to mess about with the rad...

Nice job mate! Do you find the engine runs hotter now?

not had time to test it proper yet took it out for a bit to test for leaks etc but was all good...

got 20 od mile to drive to work tomoro morning so will find out if its going to hold up or not then..:blink:

lemonslap

In The Know
Mar 14, 2009
Kent
cheers mate.

thats why i secured it to the crash bar instead of behind it so didnt have to mess about with the rad...

not had time to test it proper yet took it out for a bit to test for leaks etc but was all good...

got 20 od mile to drive to work tomoro morning so will find out if its going to hold up or not then..:blink:

It will be fine i'm sure, I just wondered due to the reduced airflow to the rad with the intercooler in the way it may cause cooling issues however I know alot of people here have done it so I guess this would of been brought up before.

cupra_matt86

southend cruiser,not chav
May 18, 2009
Essex
looks great! but i would put mesh in, i just know that if it was mine it would be my luck that a big stone would flick up behind a lorry and put a hole in it [:@] but its entirely up to you

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
looks well nice mate but why did you cut the bumper about!

i had that fmic for about month!:headhurt: , never moved anythin rad/aircone never had to cut the bumper

25012009342.jpg

25012009337.jpg

25012009344.jpg

26012009348.jpg

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.