Opinions on this Cupra R Lower Front Mount Intercooler Kit

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Hi guys,

Had a search about the forum but couldn't see anyone mentioning this piece of kit. Wanted to see what people thought about it by the description or if anyone has actually gone for it?

It is a TX Autosport FMIC from JBI Motorsports - http://tinyurl.com/lunas9

Thanks

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Thats my main concern, is it too small. I remember a few people talking about a decent size FMIC for the LCR but can't remember the sizes they said and couldn't find the posts

dg-1984

May 28, 2008
Glasgow'ish
I saw this kit on ebay when I was browsing, looks good, be nice to see what people think who are a bit more knowledgable.
What sort of differences would you see with just fitting a FMIC??

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
I rekon it would be a good kit my self on a stage 1 car, would do well, when you get into higher boost levels tho you probaly need a bigger cooler as i dont think it would be effeicent enough.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Too small, there looks like less surface area on that one that htere is on the two OEM SMIC's.
The OEM SMIC's are good enough till you get into higher boost applications of Big Turbo's.
£350 is a hell of a lot of money, you can buy a way bigger universal FMIC for £90.
There are build guides for the universal one on here too

Lodgey180

WoOoOoOsShH
May 3, 2008
Middlesbrough
www.mootr.co.uk
people will pick on you for being to small lol

i suppose it would do for a standard car. . anything remapped you woud want bigger imo

but i suppose for £90 you could always use the pipes supplied with this kit and get yourself a bigger one ??

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Also pretty suprised at the rating of 375 BHP, TBH this is utter pish.
The Forge LCR one which is 3 x the size of this one is only rated for 350 BHP

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
Too small, there looks like less surface area on that one that htere is on the two OEM SMIC's.
The OEM SMIC's are good enough till you get into higher boost applications of Big Turbo's.
£350 is a hell of a lot of money, you can buy a way bigger universal FMIC for £90.
There are build guides for the universal one on here too

im with willie, the stock ones do the job and this would be no improvment on them,

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
This is my next thing really but will have to wait until next year though as funds are tight(maybe a january sale?)
But if a really good deal came up the credit card might take a battering

Jun 10, 2009
Newbury
same as i'd be well up for a group buy, if forge did the maths, the amount of people on this forum who would be interested on an amazing price, they would still make a serious amount of money!!!!