Pabs Platinum Grey mk4 Ibiza Cupra - Stage1 OEM++

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Sort of, and sort of not. lol

Looks like the bracket secured by screws (#3 on the diagram) is different on my car - I have a support, but no circular mount like pictured. I've got a circular flat section, but it's not drilled/tapped for the pin?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
It's quite possible - yes! I'm wondering if the bracket on mine is incorrect - but I cant find a diagram showing it in ETKA to source another one.

Other option is to buy the pin, as I've found that, and drill/tap the hole in the bracket myself, if it's in the right place to use of course.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Just ran outside

DSC_1519.jpg

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
ahhh, interesting! That's at the back of the engine - I don't have that bracket at all! I was referring to the one on the RHS of the engine....

Wonder if there is a part number or anything on it? Will need to see if I've even got the mounting points for it!

was topping up my screenwash bottle and while i was there got the part number of the part damien pictured the part number is C6A103309AE i will let damien confirm that for you when he checks but thats definatly the number of the same part in my engine bay.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Thanks mate! I've tried that number in ETKA and the web and doesn't seem to work, but that's not to say I don't believe you! :p Will see what Damo says, and then maybe speak to my stealers.

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Just had a look at the brackets, Paul..

Hard to see in the poor light and driving rain but....

Top bracket (the one I pictured) looks like 06A 103 357E

Right hand bracket looks like 06A 103 309 AC (I've took a quick cam phone pic so I'll sticl it up when I get a chance).

Hope that halps mate.

Edit:

Just found this pic in my photobucket stuff

P20-12-08_141701.jpg

You can see the top bracket & th right hand side bracket, pluss the 2 locating pins on the inlet mani.

Last edited:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
How the hell did i not see that post - that's brill - thanks Damo! The RH bracket is identical to mine (ETKA shows a pin in the middle of it, but assume incorrect) but doesn't show the back one. Might search on part # and see what comes up, as mine is completely missing.

Thanks so much mate - that's brill!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Brief update for you all:

Received these in the post today:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ibiza-Cupra-R...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item439ad4f776

Albeit the same discs, but not drilled. SEAT wanted double this price for plain discs, so thought what the hell - I know some people on here use the same discs and say they're good, so thought I'd give them a go.

Bill @ Badger5 is supplying me with longer wheel bolts/locking bolts for my rear spacers to go on (yay) and also some Ferodo DS2500 pads which will be put on along with the discs. The car goes in for this work @ JKM early Jan, and MOT at same time.... here's hoping it flies through!

Strut brace still not installed as just haven't had time and still being off work due to my operation. Will install it and sort out the engine cover at some point :)

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
They look nice mate! Ive had a set sitting in my room for the past 6 months or so :lol:

I now have knocking everytime i hit a pothole think its a ball joint :cry: so may get them on when that is getting fixed!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Well I'm hoping that I receive my DS2500 pads and longer bolts this week (damn snow hehe) as my car is booked in for MOT and brake replacement on friday. Hopefully I can get the rear spacers on too, and then there will be (touches wood) no more large expense for me for a little while :)

Of course... that is if my car makes it through the MOT! :p Can't see a reason why it won't pass first time though.

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Fingers crossed it passes first time, Paul. But like you said, dont see why it wont :)

Dont think I've ever had a car fail a MOT yet *touches wood*.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Well good news for me today!

Car flew through the MOT - not a single advisory or anything! Yay!
Also got the grooved discs and Ferodo DS2500's on, new brake fluid and my 15mm Eibach rear spacers on!

Whole braking system seems much better, although I'm not doing too much "testing" as still in bedding-in phase. Discs look good too, although I was concerned that they had been fitted backwards (ie the straight grooves were pointing forwards rather than backwards) but on research apparently the direction doesn't matter, it's down to the direction of the vents in the discs (if they are directional that is)

So I'm a happy (but completely skint) bunny for now! No more costs for the car *touch wood* until June/July when I need to do Tax. In the meantime I can get my finances sorted :)

I STILL have my strut brace to fit, and the engine cover mount/bracket to source, which will require a little trimming of the cover... but other than that, I'm looking forward to the good weather and the ability to keep my car clean again! :clap:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Deffo mate!

I can report that the new brakes are fantastic! Obviously coming from knackered brakes might give me a slightly biased view, but with the DS2500's it feels like it'd stop in the blink of an eye... So I'm definately impressed. Will just have to see how long these pads last.

If it warms up a bit here, and we don't get a huge downfall of snow, I should be able to get the strut brace fitted soon - and will probably run without engine cover until I get around to trimming it down.

edewer

May 14, 2007
Newbury/Reading
good to see the old girls still going strong! glad you're enjoying it!

Still kinda miss that car, but have now got something that, dare i say it, is MORE fun than the Ibiza was. maybe not as fast in a straight line (well not until about 24 hours time anyway) but is like a go-kart round corners!

good to see you're looking after it too! let me know next time you're down around Winchester area and maybe have a catch up?

ed

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members