::Paint fade:: Onvi yellow owners

Imperial_dan

Help needed off yellow cupra owners...

My cupra has a couple of panels on it that have faded / maybe been painted in the past.
I need peoples opinions on whether you'd recommend having a cut an polish job done on it for £120 or having the whole car painted again in yellow???
Im not sure what to do and i'm looking for advice off other ibiza owners.
Ive been quoted £800 to have a full re-spray in yellow...

Thanks

:shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

Swordjo

The Badger
Mar 17, 2006
Coatbridge (near Glasgow)
It would have to be a respray mate. No amount of polishing gets the colour back. On most cars paint fade is due to either the paint not having a clear coat on it (single stage paint), or cars with a clear coat which has faded. These can both be polished up.

Now on the Ovni, SEAT seem to have applied a clear coat without enough UV protection, meaning on our cars it not actually clear coat fade, but the paint underneath with has faded. Meaning it cannot be polished up.

May 25, 2008
cambs
i'm having the same problem , personally i think a valet / cut polish would only be temporary fix and would fade back again without a lot of up keep . so i think a respray is the only permanent fix

Imperial_dan

Thanks for th info mate.
have you had things fade on yours?
How much is a good price for a respray do u think?

Last edited by a moderator:
May 25, 2008
cambs
yeah both front wings ,roof and boot lid as for a respray expect between 600-700 depending on bodyshop

antnee

I have the same problem, me and my bro tried t-cut on the roof and it didnt make a tiny bit of difference!

Imperial_dan

yeah the roof on mine has been done in black because the yellow had faded.
Im not sure what to do :shrug:
So my only option really is have the whole car painted isnt it lol?!

cupraRgstar

May 15, 2007
Edinburgh
someone recently went into my drivers side door so got the new door but when it came to

mixing up the yellow i ended up with one side brand spanking shiny yellow the bonnet and

roof terribly faded and the other side of the car another shade of yellow. the guy at the body

shop told me they tried to blend the bonnet and roof but it wouldn't match up. looks terrible

now, like a patchwork quilt. So i'd recommend getting the car resprayed, would be a waste

of 120 notes getting it

polished.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
thats ovni yellow for you!!! respray is the only way! as for price unless u have a friend in a bodyshop its the same as anything, you get wat u pay for!!! if you pay bottom money dont expect a top job!id rather pay more, let them know im very fussy than pay peanuts and end up with a mess!

JayPlym

Mine did the same and was about 16 different shades of yellow. Hence getting it sprayed white, no more fading for me:D

jamandspoon81

Aug 13, 2007
any1 know how much your insurance would go up if your car was vandalised and needed a whole respray??