Parrot CK3100 Newby fitting instructions please.

Silent2010

Seat Leon FR 242.8 tdi
Feb 5, 2010
Cleveland
Hi all,

Can one of you please let me know what wires i need to join split and feed too.
I am a newby to this and just got a parrot CK3100 but i dont understand what wires i need to swap or join to the fuese box as i have been told i need a feed from the "switched live" feed from the fuse box. If this is right what wire from what harness do i feed to the fuse box and what amp inline fuse should i buy? also do i need to swap the red and orange inline leads? red to orange or leave them orange to orange red to red.

I have a sot lead to fit and i am ok with this it is just what wires and on what harnes do i need to cut, join, and to what?

my ride is a leon 2007 170 tdi

You help would be much appreciated

Thank you
Silent

Silent2010

Seat Leon FR 242.8 tdi
Feb 5, 2010
Cleveland
Hi Pedro,

Thanks for the ups,

Yes i seen that link, but i need a more discriptive explanation on the leads I need to run.

I have two leads on the power harness one saying 12v battery this is red,
I also have a ignition lead this is orange. I have been told told to swap these over is this right?

When you say run a 12v live, what lead is this and on what harness? do I splice from it?
Do I connect this to the fusebox if so do I need an inline fuse on this line if so what amp?

Last of all does the yellow mute-2 lead connect to the yellow lead?

Thanks
Silent

Last edited:

predo

Dec 26, 2005
Edinburgh
from what I remember one of the leads on original radio plug is 12v switched. Look up wiring diagram for VW/Seat radio plug and one of these pins is 12v. I then connected everything up and connected red cable from SOT lead to the fusebox and then started the ingnition. If parrot doesn't display "goodbye" when you turn ignition off then you need to swap wires at these small inline fuse holders. I don't now remember if I had to swap mine or not.

Yellow mute like I said goes to other pin which is on a standard VW SEAT plug.
you can see which pin it is looking at this diagram
http://www.conofrei.com/graphics/MFD4.jpg

predo

Dec 26, 2005
Edinburgh
Oh just reminded myself looking at lead photos on the internet. Cable that goes to mute pin on big quadlock plug on the SOT lead. I think it was grey? I just cut it at the other end (by the small plug) because there was nothing connecting to it at the other end. Once cut I just soldered it with yellow (?) mute cable from parrot loom. There was something else that had be cut as well.. Maybe Earth for parrot set had to be connected as well? don't remember that now... But trust me, once you have everything out its quite easy to figure out whats missing. Just plug everything together and see which cables are still to be connected. If its only red - that goes to fusebox and yellow - that goes to mute pin on quadlock plug, then you're good I think.

Silent2010

Seat Leon FR 242.8 tdi
Feb 5, 2010
Cleveland
Hi I have fitted it and the radio goes to mute when the phone rings and the parot picks it up, all seems to be fine working through the speakers ect, but when turn the ignition off the parot goes off as well so there is no power to it to say "GoodBye" it just goes off as there is no power to it.

When you turn the ignition on the parot starts up and then does a sync taking around 2 mins, after this it is working fine. The parot seems to be an old ck3100 silver and black not the newer all black one.

langy

Aug 9, 2006
I got Halfords to fit mine (OK it was a free). No matter what you think of Halfords, they done a tidy job.

predo

Dec 26, 2005
Edinburgh
Try swapping cables over at the inline fuses. Does your stereo show "phone"? If yes then mute is connected correctly. Where did you fit the Lcd ?

Silent2010

Seat Leon FR 242.8 tdi
Feb 5, 2010
Cleveland
I have now swapped the inline fuse lines red to orange and orange to red.
The parot now says "Disconnecting" then " GoodBye" when I turn off the ignition.
Nothing shows up on the radio at all it just mutes out so i can hear the rining or call through the speakers. The Parot LCD shows up who is calling or who i am phoning anyway so is it needed on the Radio LCD?

One thing I done with the yellow mute lead is connected it to Yellow.
This mutes the radio on a call so i dont think this has anything to do with it.

predo

Dec 26, 2005
Edinburgh
thats the reason why I'm asking. My stereo says "phone" when call comes in and as far as i remember it wasnt yellow cable but maybe grey? Are you sure you connected yellow mute cable to the pin "mute" as per quadlock connector pinout? It doesn't make any difference but looks nicer when you have phone on the stereo ;-)

Silent2010

Seat Leon FR 242.8 tdi
Feb 5, 2010
Cleveland
No I connected the spare long yellow lead to the yellow mute lead as the connetors were the same, So I thought this was what the spare long yellow lead was for.

You have mentioned connecting it to "mute" as per quadlock connector pinout? but seeing all is fitted in now and a hell of a job it was getting it all in I think I can live with it showing up on the Parot and not the radio.

Thanks for all your help and advice one things for sure I would of not got it fitted with out you.

Many thanks :)
Silent

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members