Passenger door pin sticking *Post #9

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Ive had a search but all i seem to find is people interior door handles snapping off

Basically i opened my door from the inside after arriving at work

The door would not close, it just kept bouncing back almost like someone was holding the handle up, the interior door handle has gone quite stiff too

I zip tied the door to my steering wheel to keep it closed whilst in work

I had to get the car home so after trying many things, my friend held the door against the car and i locked it with the fob which worked

Obviously now i have a problem!

I cannot open the door now, the locks go up and down as normal but i cannot open it from the inside or the outside

Anyone know what could have broken??

and worst, how do i remove the doorcard without opening the door :confused:

tommy2008cupra

similiar thing happend to me but a few clicks of the fob and starting the car helped, happend when i locked the car and the missis hadnt shut the door and wouldnt close

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
thats a confusing one mate never heard of anything like it in my life

quality lol

(I zip tied the door to my steering wheel to keep it closed whilst in work)

lol i had to think of something fast, it worked though ha

similiar thing happend to me but a few clicks of the fob and starting the car helped, happend when i locked the car and the missis hadnt shut the door and wouldnt close

I did try this but nothing happened, all i did was open the door from the inside, the handle went stiff and the door wouldnt shut

but now ive locked the door shut i cannot open it from the inside or the outside now lol

confused

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Just been out there in -1 for the last hour lol

I took the doorcard trim off and then took the interior door handle off and a little spring fell down on the floor

after that the door opened from the outside

so ive put everything back together minus the spring as i dont know where it came from and now everything is working fine

i think the spring came off when i opened the door and was stopping the door handle from releasing the cable properly

which i guess is why my door wouldnt shut

the handle is a bit looser now without the spring but will do for a while

cheers for the help

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
yer i thought that, its a little looser than the passenger side now but it works thats the main thing

ill wait till its light again before i put it back on

my hands are battered and cold now :lol:

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Thought id ask about my other problem and keep it to 1 thread rather than make a new one :lol:

basically i unlock the car with the fob and the passenger pin only moves a little

so i press unlock again and it moves a little more

after about 4-5 times pressing the unlock button it finally reaches the top and unlocks the passenger door

it locks as normal with 1 press of the button

what could this be?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members