Passenger Rear Elecy Window (not working from driver controls only)

uzzy

Run In!
Aug 8, 2006
Stone, Staffordshire
Any advice on this one?

My car was in for a service yesterday - they said it was a motor fault - that totally sums up the incompitence of stealers! The rear passenger window works fine from the local door control, just not from the drivers. All other windows/everything else fine.

How hard is it to take the drivers control pannel out and swap the windows around to prove the switchgear, they said they had done it but I doubt that somehow.

Thanks guys as always

Just

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Is it a faulty switch?. Had a similar problem with my r/n/s window. Dealer said i needed a software upgrade. Sorted now and works perfectly. Summat to bear in mind!

ABM

I'd agree, sounds like a switch fault if it works from the other one.

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
From something I have you seem to lever away and remove the side (of door armrest) moulding towards you and then lever up top (switch) moulding at a point about a 1/3 of the way along it from front (engine) end.

Both side and top mouldings have 3 connection points.

All done gently of course and using something that will not mark the mouldings.

I am not sure if each window switch has an electrical connector or if all 4 go into one, I think it may be the latter in which case you may be boogered.
You could perhaps try using one of the other 3 switches in the position of the suspect one to see if that works, if so the "dodgy" one would then
not operate another of your windows?

The switches housing is disassembled, after removing electrical connector(s), by using a small screwdriver to carefully release 4 fasteners and then pull
window lifter switch(es) upwards out of mount

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
Had the exact same problem, same window too.

Worked off the fob and the door itself but not from the driver's door.

Drivers door switch replaced, no problems in 3 months.

uzzy

Run In!
Aug 8, 2006
Stone, Staffordshire
Thanks guys but my problem is my warranty has just expired, I don't want to face the stealer in question. Maybe I'll have to live with it or fix it myself - any idea how much one costs?

uzzy

Run In!
Aug 8, 2006
Stone, Staffordshire
I have found mine is intermittent now too, when I get some free time I'll try and not break it and strip it down, it must be a loose connection or something but I am concerned a few people have had the same issue, maybe a design fault?

Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
The answer is no - not if they were replaced under warrenty. They are only covered for as long as the 3 year/60k warrenty is valid.

Best bet is to check the wiring plug hasn't come off the back, and if it has plug it back in.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Difficult to say but I wouldnt count out the motor. If the drivers door motor has a software version of SW06 or earlier it has to be replaced as there are known issues with the motors. It is the master of the system with the others working of slave units so any issues it has to be updated first then you continue with diagnostics.

But have certianly changed the drivers window motor for that fault and its sorted it.

Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
I should of been more clear, it was the same problem as posted before. The windows work off the remote but not from the drivers door window switch.

You should check the wiring plug, as that was all that was wrong with mine in the end.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members