Passenger side electric window not working

aaronbromley

TDISport.com Owner
Nov 25, 2004
Lincolnshire
www.TDISport.com
Bascially.... its as the title says, i had a passenger in the car tonight and noticed that their controls for the passenger window were not lit up, nor did they work when pressing the buttons, however with the controls the driver side the window work fine.
I am asking what you people think the problem could be, my common sense tells me its just a faulty connection, which could just be a case of removiong the door card and then making sure all the bits are connected.
Any other ideas? is it possible to be anything else?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
If that is the only thing not working I would say its probably not a fuse

so check the plug/socket for the window switch as it may have come loose with all the door slamming and hard suspension

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
it will be the switch to the passenger side come loose or broken use a trim tool on the front egde of the plastic pannel where the swith sits, and it wil release just have a fiddle around. it mite be that the wiring loom for the door card has come loose from door power box (which would require you to remove the door card.

aaronbromley

TDISport.com Owner
Nov 25, 2004
Lincolnshire
www.TDISport.com
Job done, took the door card off and the connector was not in its socket, all i can imagine is that it wasn't in properly to start with. Needed gloves thismorning to do the job, was freezing!!!!!:cry:

gazjones

glad you sorted it was anything broke on the handle meaning it wouldnt lock it right? maxcars1 had the dealer break his and didnt know till we did the speakers on his car!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members