Passenger Window one touch?

Duke3D

This might be a really dumb question but I did a search and couldn't find the answer.

Does the passenger (NSF) window door switch provide one touch operation on an LCR?

I am picking up my Platinum LCR (222 BHP on an 04 plate) next Tuesday but during the test drive I realised the front passenger door window switch didn't do one touch open or close operation. :confused:
I asked the dealer to enable this for me but he has checked with his technicians and they said this is not possible. :thumbd:

The Drivers (OSF) window switch's allows one touch operation for both front windows. :clap:

Is the dealer correct? If so does anyone know a way to get it working?

Many thanks.

PlatinumR

Arrived and lovin it!!
Jul 23, 2004
Shoreham-by-Sea
Mines one touch both sides up and down but it's a 54 plate. don't remember it being a special added feature so i guess yours should have it too. Sounds like the dealers talking cr&p again!

Duke3D

Thanks for the quick reply, I doubt 04's differ from 54's on a thing like how the windows work.

Anyone got an LCR 04 plate that can confirm the window operation?

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I've an '03, but I'm convinced yours should do it.

Sometimes on mine the windows kind of "forget" where they are and you have to wind it all the way down, then back up manually before the one-touch works again. Might be that? Or it might be a dodgy sensor/window motor.

Platinum_mike

I've just got a platinum225 on an 04 plate as well, and mine has one touch on the passenger side - it was a later 04 plate though (July) so I think it falls into the MY05 spec, as would the 54 platers! what MY is yours? If its MY04 it may be something they left off the earlier spec!

ALEX**

WTF
Feb 26, 2004
south-East
Visit site
Feel said:
I've an '03, but I'm convinced yours should do it.

Sometimes on mine the windows kind of "forget" where they are and you have to wind it all the way down, then back up manually before the one-touch works again. Might be that? Or it might be a dodgy sensor/window motor.

mines does that on my LC normally if i try and wind them down and up at the same time

Cupramax

Uber pimp meister
Aug 1, 2001
Mines does it as well, nothing to do with spec, they all have it... but on occasions it has stopped working on the passenger side but only intermittently. I seem to remember seeing some way of resetting it on here but cant remember how, maybe its been tripped on the safety load switch which stops it going up if a kid sticks its head in the way...

ALEX**

WTF
Feb 26, 2004
south-East
Visit site
Cupramax said:
Mines does it as well, nothing to do with spec, they all have it... but on occasions it has stopped working on the passenger side but only intermittently. I seem to remember seeing some way of resetting it on here but cant remember how, maybe its been tripped on the safety load switch which stops it going up if a kid sticks its head in the way...

is urs one touch on the passengers side switch or just the drivers buttons for the drivers and passenger sides?

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
The switch in the passenger door isnt a one touch switch. If you pull it it only has one position same as the ones in the back. I noticed this the only time I ever let SWMBO drive the car... :D

The switch for the passenger window located on the drivers door is one touch and you can feel it has two positions... :)

If the one touch on the drivers door switches stops working then hold the button untill the window is all the way down and then hold it for a further 5 secs. Then hold the button until the window is all the way up and then hold it for a further 5 secs. This will re enable the one touch after it has been locked out for a safety cut out. :)

Cupramax

Uber pimp meister
Aug 1, 2001
RedLeon said:
The switch in the passenger door isnt a one touch switch. If you pull it it only has one position same as the ones in the back. I noticed this the only time I ever let SWMBO drive the car... :D

The switch for the passenger window located on the drivers door is one touch and you can feel it has two positions... :)

If the one touch on the drivers door switches stops working then hold the button untill the window is all the way down and then hold it for a further 5 secs. Then hold the button until the window is all the way up and then hold it for a further 5 secs. This will re enable the one touch after it has been locked out for a safety cut out. :)

Mine has one touch on the passenger door switch, and thats the sequence I was talking about.... ;)

Duke3D

Hmmm now I am really confused :confused:

In answer to an earlier question the car was registered in May this year so I think that makes it an MY04 car. I can't see an earlier spec car doesn't have the same window spec as the latest cars.

I am just getting rid of a 1998 Vectra SRI and that has one touch from both drivers and passengers side.

To be honest I can remember whether the ignition was on when the window was tested so maybe that might make a difference. Dealer said cycling the window up and down to reset one touch does not work from the passenger door switch just from the Drivers door switch. I blame the wife as she discovered it during the test drive and she does have as habit of buggering up technical things by mind control. :redface:

Anyway I can't re-test it until I pick the car up on Tuesday so I will see what happens then.

Dealer had a few other similar dated LCR's so I could test those as well to be sure.

Another question guys (and gals) does fitting the Autowindow Reflex module change the function of the door switches to enable passenger one touch in-case I have no joy getting this sorted?

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
On the Leon Cupras that ive owned they only have the one touch function from the drivers door switches mate. But I dont own an R so they may be different. Resetting only works on switches which support one touch ie the ones in the drivers door on an LC.

Auto window is a locking to windows interface I dont think it goes near the window switches as such!

Mar 18, 2003
In oncoming traffic
Visit site
My "old" 02 LCR only has one touch on drivers door switches, not on passenger door and no one touch on rears either, I wonder is it a switch thing and can you just order one one touch switch to put in passenger door? lastly autowindow reflex doesnt affect window operation for that kind of use only when locking and unlocking etc but get one they are Great!!!!

andykb999

yeah same here i got a 53 LCR only one touch on the drivers side!!
but im gonna try the up and down holding thing soon.....seem to rememer trapping the dogs head in it once.......thats reminds me anyone seen a terriers head on the M6???

NEWS UPDATE.
right just tried it both buttons on drivers side in the group of four and one touch but passenger side is NOT one touch....who cares i dont sit in that side

Last edited by a moderator:

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Ah, didn't read the post properly (again). No one touch on the passenger's switch, but the passenger's does do one touch on the driver's side switch.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.