Pd130 FR TDI. Turbo terminal

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
At last the beefa is on the drive.
Runs ish ticks over with the inlet pipes loose at least yet naff all out the exhaust at all and no revs at all

Dodgy look underneath tracing the oil leak shows turbo appears to have split apart hmmm and underfloor looks like poor thing got a thrashing around speed bump city.

Time to jack her up and get oily . Can't wait to see what a mess theblower is in. :joystick:

Be sniffing about soon to see what options and models out there for replacements .not worried about big power modding etc as poor thing is getting on a bit

Oily time. Hehehe

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
That's my plan A .

Looking at it split apart gonna rip it off and see if the castings are salvageable firstly.

Has probably tried to machine itself out of there like a bouncing bomb from the matrix lol :flamed::flamed::flamed:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Struck oil .hehehe.

bumper. Headlight (is wet n foggy) and Intercooler all off and most the hosesr AndA every pipe is plastered inside n out with oil .even the air filter hose ? 4Kin everywhere

Last pipe down to turbo is loose can see the inlet snail wobbling about on the end of it so safe bet that turbo is blown . literally lol.

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Well it's out. In both pieces .lol.

Was like that when I found it. Have to see if I can find the turbine bits now.

Attachments

• IMG_20190301_141434-01.jpeg
    IMG_20190301_141434-01.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 79

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
All found cleaned flushed scrubbed and serviced .

Oh and a garret replacement blower now instead at last .

Starts n runs and now the boost sensor is firmly home (code cleared ) and the load sensing wire has been soldered up properly all the pretty engine and TCS lights are gone and ready for a proper test run

There she blows .(black smoke only I hooe) lol

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Noticed the lights on when unlocked but relocks when only osf door opened so ripping out the lock mechanism next and fixing drivers door window runners .

Like being back in the old MK2

Should always leave one thing wrong with it because as soon. As you fix em all something else will break hmmmm

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Ripped door apart to replace the lock mech anyway and found the regulator was missing .ALL OF IT lol

Glass took 2 hours to get down as they decided to cut out the mech and silicone the glass in place OWCH

Found a mech at scrappers and swapped motors etc over

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Ha ha I've bought cars like that, seller just says the window switch is broken till you find a broomhandle is the only thing holding the window in place.