Petrol range - Computer Display

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Hi

Ive got a 1.4 16v 2007 MK4 Ibiza Sport and it was in today getting the air conditiong motor replaced under warranty.

When I left the car in, the wee computer said i had 95 miles left in my tank which was about right for 1/4 tank left but when I got the car back tonight it said there was only 35 miles left.

I went to the petrol station and filled my tank and it when I do this the computer would say I have at least 360 miles but tonight it was saying 260.

Anybody have any idea why its doing this?

How many miles does yours say after you fill up completely?

I think I might ring and enquire in the morning about it because it is something I use and I usually find it to be quite accurate depending on how I drive.

malky39

Mar 12, 2008
Southside
my sister has a 2007 formula sport so the 1.4 100hp one and it normally says about 400-450 miles after a fill up maybe more

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
The computer calculates the miles left by the way you've been driving recently....so either the garage have had it out and given it a little hard drive or more than likely its been sat for a long time idling, give it a while and it should settle out

basssound

May 31, 2007
Rotherham, South Yorkshire!
if the aircon pump has been changed then they will have had it idiling for a very long time.
This is to ensure the pump is working correctly and also to see if the air con does actually work ;)

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
yep as above. you could try disconnecting your battery for 10min to reset things but only if you have your radio code

g8rvn

Apr 7, 2008
Tamworth, Staffs
I find the range left pretty inaccurate between the first range after filing up and down to about 5 miles remaining, i drive about in town all day and it uses about "3-4" miles for every one i actually do and then when I go home at the weekend on the motorway I can do the 65 miles on about "10".
I guess it does even out eventually but for a quick check I dont find it all that good...

Marc_4

Deceptacon ibiza
Is there not a reset button on the wiper stalk? resets Av.MPG etc. saves disconnecting battery

Its also varies on how your driving it, my FR has on many occasions said 0 miles to fill up, at 1/8th of a tank :p

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise