Pic Request: Mk4 with Eibach springs

tasty_kebab

Jun 6, 2006
Glasgow
T.Spark that would be great. Any pics would be appreciated. What height are you running your coilovers at, or rather, how much of a drop do you have?

Last edited:

T. Spark

Here ya go :

51.jpg

50.jpg

11.jpg

36.jpg

9.jpg

4.jpg

Mine is lowered around the 50mm mark on the front (just about right for look imho but bad for sump!) and 60mm on the back, tho wish it could go down more on the back, but got told thats as low as it will go :(

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Certainly can, I had a hell of a time with my Mk2 Toledo being lowered - also a TDI.

I feel the Mk4 (Maybe only the TDI?) sits too high at the back, its as if its always leaning forward... which is a shame.

unitzero

Ex SEAT owner
Mar 20, 2007
Nuneaton
So do the pics that T.spark took show his car with coilovers? Does anyone have eibach lowering springs on OE suspension? is that possible? am i being stupid?

Bare in mind that i know next to nothing about cars and more about skateboards and computers!

T. Spark

That is my car with full coilovers on yes. Could go lower on the front if I really wanted, but with the LCR Splitter on (not on any of the pics) there is about a fag packet on its side clearance! It lasted a week without being ripped off!

Id say a 40mm drop on the front and 60mm on the back would be healthy for my car, but I want it alot lower all over.

unitzero

Ex SEAT owner
Mar 20, 2007
Nuneaton
I agree, that 20mm eliminates the big gap between the arch and the wheel that looks so crap on the standard car, well at least on my Sport.
How much does a set of springs cost and how does it affect warranty if at all?

seriously considering getting some. that and some 20mm spacers just to look nicer really. does it effect ride comfort?:confused:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.