Picked up my new Cupra R

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Just an update i got my 4mm hose and forge 007 my question is the bypass do i just remove the old bit of red silicone pipe and join a new piece of 4mm to the t-piece then run that to the top of the 007 :think: as in my wonderful picture :D

Bypass.jpg

This is correct. PM'd. :)

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
all the n249 bypass does is link the top of the DV to any source of vacuum (the intake manifold nipple normally). As a t-piece is already in "seat gooner"s fpr vacuum hose he may as well use this as the vacuum source to activate the DV. As long as the black hose from the n249 is bunged with a bolt and cable tied, no error codes will show and no boost will be lost :) think that makes sense?

so in my case, you know that middle pipe i was on about, this has been removed from the undrside of the inlet so the new vac hose can be attached but it is still connected at the other end where it joins to the n249 itself. Basically the old pipe on mine is just lying there now, this doesn't need blanking off does it as i was under the impression this would cause/could cause issues

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
On mine; the pipe you are referring to is linked straight to the DV; so the N249 has so connections with nothing linked to them, not blanked off or anything, and she runs like a beaut :) touch wood...
That answer your question? :) (to many hoses on these cars, gets confusing :()

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
yeah that answers the question fine mate, where as i have added to the amount of hoses you have used an original meaning the connector on the n249 hasn't got a pipe on it . I might just remove mine completely save it dangling redundantly, :D cheers mate

Removing that pipe is okay, if you are going to remove the entire n249 you need a resistor for the electrical connector to stop error codes :)

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
Right mates got the 007 in just a few update pics

Image048.jpg

Bunged pipes IS the one on the intercooler pipe ok like that.

Image049.jpg

007 Fitted

Image050.jpg

Finished article :blink:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.