picked up red lc today

Degsy

Apr 5, 2010
Merseyside
picked my 04 lc today very impressed its got 90k with full dealer history, it drives like a 50k car I love it.

orded front and rear wiper upgrade
exhaust is next but unsure what to go for meiltek seams very popular and do i go cat back non res oval exit????
think the lc looks good on rs6 wheels your thoughts

also seen some smoked side indicators on the bay 9.95 plus postage, cant post links yet sorry, by ebay ID - rudiemods

any good or go for something else?

:funk:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
picked my 04 lc today very impressed its got 90k with full dealer history, it drives like a 50k car I love it.

orded front and rear wiper upgrade
exhaust is next but unsure what to go for meiltek seams very popular and do i go cat back non res oval exit????
think the lc looks good on rs6 wheels your thoughts

also seen some smoked side indicators on the bay 9.95 plus postage, cant post links yet sorry, by ebay ID - rudiemods

any good or go for something else?

:funk:

welcome 1st of all...

wiper upgrades always a standard mod as the OEM one's are pretty rubbish. I went bosch aerotwins on the front of my LCR and fabia rear arrangement. it wipes very well!

can't go wrong with a milltek bud, good systems, well built and not too loud. buy it at amd essex and you'll get free fitting and the peace of mind it's done spot on. i'd go cat-back non-resonated if you can't stretch to near a grand for an exhaust just yet. you can add the hi-flow sports cat arrangement later on once you've budgeted for it.

RS6 wheels look good - when the car's been lowered a bit. for me they give the car a higher stance than standard LC wheels so I'd think about those when you can get her lower. only needs a 25mm drop really. if you can afford it, get coilovers. Weitec's or KW's if your feeling flush!

smoked indicators are a good worthwhile mod, it's the small things which make a difference ;) so go for it.

what has the car had done in terms of engine mods? new diverter valve? air filter? any non-standard looking hoses?

Degsy

Apr 5, 2010
Merseyside
Hi Tom
Thanks for your reply.
Car is completely standard mate got plans but need the cash as always. saving time I guess.

just found out my order didnt go through on my card for wipers, the type you got mate did you oreder from the stealers?

going to go for the smoked repeaters, and start with the small mods, although a friend said he may have some wheels to fit the lc in his lockup will let me know what they are when he next goes down used to be on his golf.

what would you suggest mod wise in the engine bay tom? when iam sorted and flush also got a friend who has a mate who has reputable tuning compnay will give me a really good price for remapp but no point really yet without exhaust i suppose.

cheers
D.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Hi Tom
Thanks for your reply.
Car is completely standard mate got plans but need the cash as always. saving time I guess.

just found out my order didnt go through on my card for wipers, the type you got mate did you oreder from the stealers?

going to go for the smoked repeaters, and start with the small mods, although a friend said he may have some wheels to fit the lc in his lockup will let me know what they are when he next goes down used to be on his golf.

what would you suggest mod wise in the engine bay tom? when iam sorted and flush also got a friend who has a mate who has reputable tuning compnay will give me a really good price for remapp but no point really yet without exhaust i suppose.

cheers
D.

these are the wipers mate:
http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/seat-l...Year=2005&SearchAlive=1&Class=ncv&c=&Ref=prod

the bosch aerotwins on that page. do the business well and are slim looking so look better than standard aswell

for the engine you want to get it upto speed, a:

forge 007p diverter valve £90 new
silicone TIP(turbo inlet pipe) about £110 new. standard turbo inlet pipe collapses on remapped cars so better to uprate them
new air filter perhaps. either open cone or a panel filter like pipercross or green.
cone filters range from £45 for a jetex upto £110 for a powertec etc. they'll improve sound but not much in terms of performance. they look good too
panel filters are about £30 and take 2 mins to fit. improve airflow in your airbox
NGK spark plugs another one to consider

tbh I'd get a remap before the exhaust, go stage one. then get a full turbo back exhaust and go back for stage 2 map to compliment the new exhaust and any induction upgrades, i.e open cone filters etc

search for the 'dogbone' mount aswell. loads of people replace theirs on here for an uprated one to tighten the car up and improve smoothness in gear changes etc. I can vouch for it as mine got done the other week. there's a bit of vibration when it 1st goes in, but its settled now and the car feels good

also get someone to check all your bushes and top mounts etc, see how much life is left in all things like that. better to replace parts like that 1st before you go making her faster! ;) (remap etc)

think of it as getting her prepared for the remap. I want mine to be prepped for it so I'm also lowering my LCR in next 2 months on coilovers and getting top mounts replaced and all bushes etc checked over. getting this done at AMD Essex
http://www.amdessex.com/

they are the daddy.. we have rolling road meets etc down at their place.

Degsy

Apr 5, 2010
Merseyside
the bosch aerotwins on that page. do the business well and are slim looking so look better than standard aswell

for the engine you want to get it upto speed, a:

forge 007p diverter valve £90 new
silicone TIP(turbo inlet pipe) about £110 new. standard turbo inlet pipe collapses on remapped cars so better to uprate them
new air filter perhaps. either open cone or a panel filter like pipercross or green.
cone filters range from £45 for a jetex upto £110 for a powertec etc. they'll improve sound but not much in terms of performance. they look good too
panel filters are about £30 and take 2 mins to fit. improve airflow in your airbox
NGK spark plugs another one to consider

tbh I'd get a remap before the exhaust, go stage one. then get a full turbo back exhaust and go back for stage 2 map to compliment the new exhaust and any induction upgrades, i.e open cone filters etc

search for the 'dogbone' mount aswell. loads of people replace theirs on here for an uprated one to tighten the car up and improve smoothness in gear changes etc. I can vouch for it as mine got done the other week. there's a bit of vibration when it 1st goes in, but its settled now and the car feels good

also get someone to check all your bushes and top mounts etc, see how much life is left in all things like that. better to replace parts like that 1st before you go making her faster! ;) (remap etc)

think of it as getting her prepared for the remap. I want mine to be prepped for it so I'm also lowering my LCR in next 2 months on coilovers and getting top mounts replaced and all bushes etc checked over. getting this done at AMD Essex

they are the daddy.. we have rolling road meets etc down at their place.[/QUOTE]

Cheers mate
good info there
the dogbone mount upgrade what does that get rid of, on mine if I accelerate in say 3, 4, 5th but heavy acceleration I get a little shudder sensation gone when upto speed seems like just when turbo kicks in. would this mod get rid of this..
once again sorry for all the questions mate but new to deisel and turbo cars...what does the diverter valve do (is this Dump Valve) does it give better intake to turbo or something? doesit go louder with this mod as dont want to go chavvy.
regards
D.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
The DBM lessens wheel hop you get when trying to get the power on to the road.

The DV dirverts boost pressure away when you come off the pedal. The noise might get a bit louder with a 007 and filter but wont be scooby or double decker bus volumes.:)

cuprasma

congratulations, hope you enjoy your ride. Is this teh first Leon ? you can show your car as your avatar.

Degsy

Apr 5, 2010
Merseyside
yeah first leon glad I held out for the cupra model, I love it had it since Thursday and just want to keep driving it, missus is getting a bit jealous though..lol

looks like dogbone mount is one of my first mods then as iam getting the common issue of wheel bounce, best place to order DBM guys?

Tom the bosch wipers on that page thats just the blades so presume straight onto exsiting arms, I have read they sit a bit high though? do I have to get mkIv aero arms to keep a flat look?

been reading into smoothing air box and as far as I understand this is to remove the box sections on the upper part of air box, is there any restriction to take away from the bottom half?

Thanks
D.

Last edited:

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
hi & welcome

get a green cotton pannel filter fitted

plans sound good get spending :D

and pics up!

George 3G

KW & Weitec
Jul 28, 2009
Herefordshire

Why not do all performance mods first then finish it off with a Stage 2 or 3 remap? Save you money in the long run

Degsy

Apr 5, 2010
Merseyside
Gunnie did you get a custome map or generic code one, what was your fianl figures?
what mods did you do before map?
cheers
D

Gunnie

Sep 9, 2009
Merseyside
Only mods ive done are a Jetex exhaust cat back,Pipercross induction kit,Forge 007P valve with uprated yellow spring and a Forge TIP .

P-Torque done the map and 218bhp ;)