Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Well it's the end for jonjay and cav but just the start for me. Finally picked the car up today and I'm made up with it. I'll start a new thread in good time but for now I'm happy with just how it's is maybe just get the wheels re done. Cheers

Congrats on getting the car. Lucky guy.

Braders

Nice one Braders!! You've bought a peach of a car there mate - you couldn't find a better kept PD150.

Yeah cars a very well built Leon. I've bought basically as I've always wanted 1 but I am on the lookout for an Audi s line a3 so we will see what happens in the near future. For now it staying and only plans I've got is too get the wheels re curbed just because I'm fussy and a new set of mats.

Oh and when the wax finally wears off I've got a swissvax kit too apply which I'm sure jonjay will approve of :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Yeah cars a very well built Leon. I've bought basically as I've always wanted 1 but I am on the lookout for an Audi s line a3 so we will see what happens in the near future. For now it staying and only plans I've got is too get the wheels re curbed just because I'm fussy and a new set of mats.

Oh and when the wax finally wears off I've got a swissvax kit too apply which I'm sure jonjay will approve of :)
Well what can I say. Hope you get as much enjoyment as I did and for the short time Cav did. If you got any questions about the car please do not hesitate to PM me.

Not sure if Cav told you but I have spare discs and pads for the ATE brake kit which Cav was going to buy off me but for obvious reasons didnt. Also have the polished and ported head for the car...

Braders

He mentioned you may have some more paperwork??

Cars going to be looked after and so far made up with it it's a credit too you :)

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Sorry to hear that the Leon has gone Maz but the BMW is a good replacement. I ended up in a Carbon Black E60 525D M Sport earlier this summer so I have too joined the dark side. As you know spec is everything on Bimmers and yours sound ace. So about those run flats :D
Alex

beta85

Hello fellow TDI! changes to scream!
very very nice kit sleeves!
I wanted to ask: with the same map you experienced lag with the pipe?
I I mount kit Allard (TDI 150hp -> 234hp) but with the new tubes, I felt more lag ... need a new map is not it?

congratulations again for the super diesel!

beta85

there will always be better cars ... but when we become attached to it is very difficult then to separate ...
congraturazioni anyway for your new purchase!

after seeing the changes you made me very sad to know that eventually you have made ​​this choice! ;-(

Braders

Well what can I say. Hope you get as much enjoyment as I did and for the short time Cav did. If you got any questions about the car please do not hesitate to PM me.

Not sure if Cav told you but I have spare discs and pads for the ATE brake kit which Cav was going to buy off me but for obvious reasons didnt. Also have the polished and ported head for the car...

Hi mate think I might need the spare discs and pads afterall if you still have them as think the pads are at the end of the there life. Let me know what you want for them. Cheers

Other than that I'm made up with the car. It's so good on fuel I thought the gauge was broke. I would be on my 2nd tank nearly by now easily in my focus st and haven't even used half in this. Cars in fantastic condition aswell inside and out its a credit to you mate.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
IMO I reckon you couldn't have bought a car off a person better than this one. I look after my vehicles very well but full far short of this level.

I know it sounds a bit ghey, but anyone who knows Maz and his cars would agree I reckon.

Almost (no scrub that) just obsessive!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Hi mate think I might need the spare discs and pads afterall if you still have them as think the pads are at the end of the there life. Let me know what you want for them. Cheers

Other than that I'm made up with the car. It's so good on fuel I thought the gauge was broke. I would be on my 2nd tank nearly by now easily in my focus st and haven't even used half in this. Cars in fantastic condition aswell inside and out its a credit to you mate.

Will PM you when I am back from work mate.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex

Cant PM you mate you not posted enough on the forum yet...

Braders

Well sad news people the leon will be going up for sale!

I'm looking at buying a house in the new year and have decided that too free up some money I'll sell the leon and buy a cheap and cheerful for the winter and whilst I sort my finanances out.

The car has been been fantastic in the short time I've owned and has been a hard decision to make. However realistically needs must and I'll definitely be returning to a seat tdi. I was going to buy and Audi a3 tdi however after owning this I'm hooked :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
wtf? poor cars going to have more owners than I've had hot dinners!
I dont understand it. Car is so sorted and had rave reviews from both owners but its being sold within weeks/months. I had it for 5 years lol.

If I had spare cash, the room to house it, I would buy it back for sure.

Braders

wtf? poor cars going to have more owners than I've had hot dinners!

Still very low to be honest mate

I dont understand it. Car is so sorted and had rave reviews from both owners but its being sold within weeks/months. I had it for 5 years lol.

If I had spare cash, the room to house it, I would buy it back for sure.

I know such a shame all depends on my financial situation however i just don't think I'll be able to keep it and purchase a house. I could wait another 6 months and move on the property ladder in the summer but i want to be moved in for the summer so I can get working on a things during good weather as I would like to buy 1 which needs a little work and put my own touch on it.

The car itself is stunning jonjay and is a credit too you. Still in just as good condition as when you had it.

Cav who I bought it off is devastated he had too sell it but he was getting mither off his mrs regarding the car as she didn't like it. Women ha

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
Are u the forth owner? So it will hit 5! Or 3rd hitting 4th? Either way I personally think it will be high for age. Real shame as it might put people off a good car.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.