Pressure drop fault with cold side kit??

DanAPR225

May 30, 2008
Cumbria
Hoping someone may be able to shed some light on my some what frustrating problem!

My car is running the mods listed in the sig below and running a forge 007P dump valve with yellow spring, and also something that is not listed, a forge MAP tube.

When the dump valve is plumbed up the standard way, the car runs fine.

I fitted a forge cold-side relocation kit and the car is now going into limp home mode constantly, with the fault being the well known ''pressure loss between throttle valve and turbo, check d.v.!''

Now, there are no boost leaks what so ever, I am 100% positive on this. When I blank the cold side off and relocate the dv as standard, the car works fine. and unless the car is boosted quite hard with the cold-side on, the car will not hit limp mode.

Has anyone got any clues?? Im thinking a possible tolerance on the MAP sensor prehaps?? this is my best guess so far, any suggestions are much appreciated:)

Lodgey180

WoOoOoOsShH
May 3, 2008
Middlesbrough
www.mootr.co.uk
maybe because there is more preassure in the main inetercooler pipe the boost preassure could be pushing the dv open?
your boost gauge will still read the same but preassure could be sneaking the dv open