problems again grr please help !

cawsey18

Apr 5, 2009
Right was coming home last night.. all was well untill i got to a dual carrigeway, gave it some beans as you do and i noticed a few blips of hessitation, Thought ok so carried on and the engine management light started to flash..

Slowed right down after a few flashes she returned to normal :S .. SO ok thought lets just try again so did it on another road, Exactly the same scenario :S ?? when the light comes on it backs right of power wise and the engine and turbo sounds all muffled if that makes any sense.. driving around like a granny is fine.. it seems to be when you give it power. :S ? .. i have had coils fail before but this is diffrent .. any advice would be wonderfull chaps bit worried. its a mk1 fr by the way . with a amd remap and milltek.

cawsey18

Apr 5, 2009
nop its deffo the engine management... i drive with tcs off anyway .. it doesnt flash like the tcs does it goes on and off with about 2 second delays

Mukkyman

Jul 1, 2007
Probably worth getting the car scaned for error codes with vagcom mate. boost leak maybe?

ScoobyJawa

Achtung!
Oct 2, 2002
Liphook
Visit site
Its still a coilpack mate. Its not failed but its on its way out.....

Same thing happened on my wifes LC, exactly as you describe, with the EML light and the hesitation......

Replaced the coil packs and it was a new car :)

If you do a search on here you'll see countless threads about the same issues, every time new coilies fix it :)

Mukkyman

Jul 1, 2007
I dont think boost leaks put the light on. I've blown pipes off a few times and it's never put the light on yet.

Ah yes that reminds me of a horrible moment when my hose poped off. Im sure a vag com test should give error codes pointing you in the rigfht direction.

cawsey18

Apr 5, 2009
right been to amd thanks for all who said coilpack.. you where correct..very odd :S only ever had them go and then totaly not work ... but yer it even drives better now after a new pack.. anyway cheers for the ideas d help guys :D

Mukkyman

Jul 1, 2007
right been to amd thanks for all who said coilpack.. you where correct..very odd :S only ever had them go and then totaly not work ... but yer it even drives better now after a new pack.. anyway cheers for the ideas d help guys :D

Thats sweet mate. Glad they sorted it for you :) maybe worth having a couple in your boot as spares? Thats what a mate of mines has done.

robcool

still singing in the rain
Sep 4, 2008
retford
i am having a problem with my car and just woundering if its the same thing the car will not rev over 5500rpm and the turbo will not boost up, i have checked the end-float of the turbo and there is no oil where there should be, garage says its the turbo to me. any idears people??

cawsey18

Apr 5, 2009
cheers for that,, have been told anyway by amd that my coil packs are cheap crappy things anyway... Have been told to get proper vag ones x 4 any idea of the best place to get them ????

cawsey18

Apr 5, 2009
hi there guys you say get the beru coils from euro.. fair play but which ones :S.. theres liek 3 ranging in prices ?? whats the diffrence cheers

cawsey18

Apr 5, 2009
a few little things ive started to notice :S

Hi there guys .. right first of al my idle is a little rough at the moment ,, ive always thought it was normal but when you start up your leon does it rev a little higher for a bit before going back to idle ? .. when its cold it sort of revs to about 2k and sits there.. or just under then drops back to just under 1k ? normal ?.. a

Also the idle seems a bit lumpy now..sits just under 1k but bumps about a bit and vibrates the car.. is this the symptoms of a gumd up throttle body ?? the maf was changed recenty also..

also have posted in another thread but the other day i had issues with yet another coil pack.. Changed one and the matching one is on its way out now.. am looking to change them all to beru ones.. but which do i need ?
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/S...80&1&52194bd3b28bb183199d69eb6cad175ca054badd
those ? it is a mk1 leon fr 54 reg

R@B

I Like Turbos!!!
Mar 11, 2009
Sunny Glasgow
Hi there guys .. right first of al my idle is a little rough at the moment ,, ive always thought it was normal but when you start up your leon does it rev a little higher for a bit before going back to idle ? .. when its cold it sort of revs to about 2k and sits there.. or just under then drops back to just under 1k ? normal ?

This is just a cold start and is completely normal and all cars do it. When the car reaches normal running temp then the idle drops back down. Sorry i cant help with the other things you mentioned but i'm sure someone will.

cawsey18

Apr 5, 2009
thank you for that mate.. just strikes me as a coincidence lol.. but yer that makes sense

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury
I'd have agreed with the cold start thing and the Secondary Air Pump kicking in but not revving to 2k.. I think mine sits just under ~1.2k on a cold start and will idle sensibly after a minute.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise