quick help needed asap

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
guys, in the middle of changing rear pads and discs, all okay, until i try to winf=d the piston back in, got the correct tool, the piston just keeps spinning, cant get it to retract... help urgently needed.

cheers

Aug 30, 2004
Stockport
Should be some spanner flats on the knurled portion of the wind back tool, hold this then turn, this will push and turn the piston

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
yes mate, thats right, but the piston just bloody spins tbh.....its retarcted all the way out so cant get it back onto the cogs

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
wound it right out then ?

have you tried pushing it in and winding it the other way ? might help if gently lifting the lever whilst doing so but very little

dg-1984

May 28, 2008
Glasgow'ish
Just make sure you are winding in a clockwise direction. Yeah i'd try pushing in as much as possible while turning to get it started.
I did mine and they were a little stiff to start them off but turned in no problem after that.

Hope you get it sorted.

BBoy82

Dan the compressor man...
Oct 25, 2008
East Northants
Have you tried using an old fashioned G-clamp? They wind in, and squeeze at the same time...
My drivers side rear only wound back in about 2/3's of the way. I had to replace the whole caliper in the end!
But at least the red lacquer is shiny and red, if only on one side!
Dan

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise