Quick question - tip

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Not sure how to search for this. On the turbo intake pipe right at the bottom where it sticks on the turbo, theres a small vacum line connector,
What is that for and is that nesscary?

cupra_jobe

Oct 24, 2008
think from last time i looked at mine it connects on to one of the metal lines some where not sure though. not really much help sure it is needed though

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
it needs it, my car was in limp mode for ages with no vagcom faults i was pulling my hair out untill i started to strip it down and noticed a loose pipe, if you follow it back its a hard pipe on the right hand side of the rocker cover not sure what it does though

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
Its part of the evap loss control system, so unless you have put the whole lot in the bin, you will need to reconect it. I bined the full system as have others on here and blanked the take off on the TIP with a small alloy bung.

Last edited:

daves ibiza

rip it all out and block it up i havnt had no probs with mine ;)

daves ibiza

i dont think they have solved a resistor for this source yet mate ive left mine plugged in but pulled all my vacs out ect

daves ibiza

yeah go on mate lol . im sure i have a few pics of your car up santapod on my laptop mat

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
so is this right? (borrowed pic from a member).

Have i missed anything out?

Photo0069.jpg

daves ibiza

you got it mate and where the nipple is blocked off on inlet manni run your dump valve from it

daves ibiza

would that be under inlet manni mate if so block tha and run dv vac to top of inlet manni where its blocked of in pic;)

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
So you saying the pipe that i blocked up on the trottle body, use that to run the dv of it? is that same thing as the under the inlet mani ?
May run the boost gauge of it

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members