R32 air intake upgrade

777cupra

Jan 12, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Hi smoothed my airbox ages ago, bought a green panel filter and was thinking about increasing the air intake ordered some ducting however then noticed someone on here made reference to an R32 DSG intake.

Googled it and came up with this thread on UKmkiv's http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/144856.aspx?PageIndex=1

It has pics of the standard intake verses the R32 DSG intake and as u can see they are much bigger on the r32.

part numbers are: (taken off the thread)

1J0 805 965 EB 41 - adjuster Approx £2.00 (thats the headlamp cover, the black plastic shield - I've not taken pics of it, but it's deeper which allows more room and airflow)

1J0 805 962 GB 41 - Air Duct Approx £12.00 (this is the black tray which has the massive hole)

1J0 129 609G - Pipe Approx £27.00 (this is the big fat pipe!)

Just thought I'd share it with you guys....I've ordered the stuff but its on back ordre:cry: but will let you know when i've fitted it....it is exactly what im after (i hope)

Just out of interest has anyone done this mod at all and what sorta results u had?

EDIT: BEFORE ORDERING ALL THE PARTS READ THE VERDICT ON PAGE 2 TO SEE IF YOU NEED THEM ALL OR ARE GOING TO MODIFY EXISTING PARTS

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
I'm was looking into making a custom setup for my LC, but I think I'll hold off and see how you get on with the R32 stuff. Make sure you post back with pic's and notes mate...

777cupra

Jan 12, 2007
Buckinghamshire
yeh I will do hopefully will get the stuff in a week or so.

did you see the pics in the thread on mkiv's there is a link to?

It's just basically a bigger version of the stock intake, and the best thing is that it looks subtle!

777cupra

Jan 12, 2007
Buckinghamshire
This pics are taken from the thread on mkiv's as mentioned above. reposted here so everyone can see

DSC00054-1.jpg

stock

DSC00059.jpg

stock vs r32

DSC00060.jpg

DSC00062.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

DSC00068.jpg

finished product

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
yeh I will do hopefully will get the stuff in a week or so.

did you see the pics in the thread on mkiv's there is a link to?

It's just basically a bigger version of the stock intake, and the best thing is that it looks subtle!

...yeah I had a look at the linked thread. I wanted something that looked OEM as I think the cheap ducting looks a little chav. Looks simple enough to do - will find out when you've done yours.

jgo

I have also ordered the parts for this conversion, however I have received the headlight back panel and it is different to the LCR part. It also looks to be different for the part that goes under the headlight as the LCR has twin intercoolers and the pipe work runs under the headlight. I am considering using the snorkel off the R32 DSG and then adjusting the LCR panels.

Has anybody actually fitted these parts to LCR?

777cupra

Jan 12, 2007
Buckinghamshire
I can't wait for the parts to be delivered...if it works I can't believe many people havent done this before it seems to work on most the mk4 golfs

jgo

As I mentioned above I've already received the part that covers the headlight but it isn't the same size or fit. After looking on Vag Cat the parts for the golf and the leon are different. Still getting the parts with a view to adapting them to fit. Let me know how you get on when you get your parts.

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
As I mentioned above I've already received the part that covers the headlight but it isn't the same size or fit. After looking on Vag Cat the parts for the golf and the leon are different. Still getting the parts with a view to adapting them to fit. Let me know how you get on when you get your parts.
Looks like 777Cupra does not have an LCR, so does not have twin intercoolers, maybe it will work better. We'll have to wait and see. This looks to me like an identical part, just with a bigger hole:

DSC00065.jpg

777cupra

Jan 12, 2007
Buckinghamshire
yep I only have a 180 cupra, it looks pretty similar to me, im sure it wud be no different to construcing a custom intake...might need a bit of persuasion in some parts but ill be determined to make it work and update this thread with any issues I come accross

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.