xChokis

Sep 26, 2018
Hello guys,
i bought a 2011 ibiza cupra and the initial checkup brought up that it was due to change the coils so instead of getting the OEM ones i bought an NGK R8 Coils pack and i replaced them i also replaced the wiring as instructed but i noticed that lately when i cold start my car ( not everytime though) it feels like it's running on pretty high rpm's , and on more power than it's supposed to be , it has a little kick and it trembles a bit after some metres the car gets back to it's normal state, did i do something wrong? is a remap reccomended after upgrading the coils to the R8 ones or is my car just messing up with me?
Thank you in advance!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Do you still have the old coils? If so you could put them back in see if the problem goes away. But no, you don't need a remap for the R8 coils.

xChokis

Sep 26, 2018
I drove the car on the old coils for about a month so i definitely know that this problem didn't exist back then i just had a huge problem on high rpm's that i don't have now it actually runs like a dream but still the cold start problem persists so I'm kinda confused for that also when i changed the coils the engine / coil warning didn't go away so I'll probably connect it to the obd port and check what errors it'll give me

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Maybe the cold starts just weren't as cold before. The weather has changed.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.