Random idea, mk3 front end on mk2 ibiza?

vngtx

wat u reckon? would it fit? i quite like the way it looks on the mk3. i know it would require alot:
front bumper, slam panel, reinforcer bar???, wings, grill, headlights, bonnet. maybe more. radiator too?

:think:

this is only a theoretical question for now....

Last edited by a moderator:

vngtx

dam!! was hoping to be the first to think of it :( i bet its never been done in kiwi before though!! :D

vngtx

i did that and it came up with ALOT. dint think of trying mk2 to mk3 conversion which brought it up.

plus why search when others do it for u :thumbup: just kidding, cheers brummy.

Last edited by a moderator:

vngtx

its not a cheap thing to do, just priced it up, looking bout 500 quid before painting.

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
mind you, I have seen it on a Cordy (link above) but near on the Mk2 Ibiza. You can always source all the parts off a Mk3 that is being broken.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
yes and the last Ibiza i saw done was bengal yellow so it stood out even more to be honest

walked past it and thought :wtf: that doesn't look right to me and found a mk2 tdi at the back

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
you can swap the rear too but involves a new rear corner panel assy welding in and if you are going that far you may as well buy a mk3 really

vngtx

i wudnt bother, i like the mk2 rear, will look even better with tinted rear lights and black boot trim. btw i quoted 500, that was for all brand new parts. i reckon i may be able to get the cost down to 300.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.