Rattling/vibrating reverse mirror

ladasik

Jun 25, 2016
Cork, Ireland
Hi, I have Seat Sound System and it is driving me bananas. The mirror is so much prone to bass...it just can't handle it. A little extra and it just vibrates Anubis noisy as hell..have anyone tried to stabilise it somehow ? I was thinking about mounting some thick foam on the back that would muffle the vibrations , any ideas or solutions that worked for ye?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

8cylinder

Oct 21, 2016
Hi, I have Seat Sound System and it is driving me bananas. The mirror is so much prone to bass...it just can't handle it. A little extra and it just vibrates Anubis noisy as hell..have anyone tried to stabilise it somehow ? I was thinking about mounting some thick foam on the back that would muffle the vibrations , any ideas or solutions that worked for ye?

Still in warranty?

p.eco

Jun 24, 2014
Ireland
I have collected the car in September. And I'm not listening to techno or drum and bass...it even happens when I'm listening to morning talk show on the radio as host have a deeep voice :(

Do you have the one with camera cover? I have camera, listening same music as you, When very loud i can see the mirror is vibrating but no rattle...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ladasik

Jun 25, 2016
Cork, Ireland
I don't have lane assist so no camera just the rain sensor...maybe it's the extra bass from the boot or the speaker in front console but the mirror realllyy vibrates and rattles...when I press it , it stops...I just don't have the time to get it to dealer as I would have to take it to Bandon = day off at work as they don't service cars over weekend.

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Are you sure it's the mirror and not the rear glass vibrating? Sounds stupid but when I crank mine up a bit the back window does shake and looking in the rear view mirror it does look like the mirror is shaking.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

ladasik

Jun 25, 2016
Cork, Ireland
Yes it is the mirror as when I press it rattle disappears , and I'm not cranking up the volume and when there is a bit stronger bass the mirror vibrates to the point that the reflection in the mirror is distorted really bad.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Would your dealer not collect your car car and then return it at the end of day from your work? we do at the dealer I work in, especially for warranty work.

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Yes it is the mirror as when I press it rattle disappears , and I'm not cranking up the volume and when there is a bit stronger bass the mirror vibrates to the point that the reflection in the mirror is distorted really bad.

That's really strange. My mirror takes a fair bit of force to get it to move in he first place. Yours deffinately doesn't sound normal.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

ladasik

Jun 25, 2016
Cork, Ireland
Would your dealer not collect your car car and then return it at the end of day from your work? we do at the dealer I work in, especially for warranty work.
Nah, I was on to dealer to see if they do...but no, they can see the car week commencing 14th of Nov, and they don't do saturdays as well...I was just hoping that someone has a home solution..I'll take a video to show you how it vibrates later on :)

ladasik

Jun 25, 2016
Cork, Ireland
I was listening to "Space Jam" soundtrack today...it was a proper rattle, unfortunately it was dark so I couldn't record a video to show ye the vibes ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.