Mar 13, 2019
Hi all, Had my ibiza cupra for about a month now. So i think my average MPG has settled and its currently 30.1Mpg. What figures are you guys getting? I do drive it hard now and again but i wouldnt think it was enough to warrant that MPG, also i put £40 of super unleaded in and had 250 miles for range, is that normal?
Thanks

BenJ

Oct 14, 2019
Hi all, Had my ibiza cupra for about a month now. So I think my average MPG has settled and its currently 30.1Mpg. What figures are you guys getting? I do drive it hard now and again but i wouldnt think it was enough to warrant that MPG, also i put £40 of super unleaded in and had 250 miles for range, is that normal?
Thanks

Hi sorry for the late response, had mine 3 weeks now, currently my average mpg is around 35mpg, considering most of my driving is just to work and back which is 10 miles each way, and my heating is on a lot due to the weather I'm pretty impressed.

My first drive in the car from picking it up was around 120 miles to Hull, I put £40 of 99 fuel in and I didn't work out it exactly but I'd be confident in saying I got over 300miles from that £40. It does get driven hard from time to time but a crazy amount at the moment, a lot of rain is stopping that, so I'd say what you're getting is fairly normal, helps to be conscious of when you're changing gears, if I'm being economical I don't let the rpm go much further than 2000.

Hope this is helpful and hope you're enjoying the car.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members