Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Carry on regardless

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Thursday last week I encountered some knocking underneath. Upon inspection found this to be the nearside rear ARB droplink (stripped thread).

I have contacted Awesome for another Neuspeed kit and they reckon it'll take 'several' weeks for another delivery from the States to arrive.

In the meantime what do I do?

1) Do not drive the car until sorted (present plan)

2) remove the droplinks and leave ARB in situ (it wasn't there from the factory)

3) Carry on driving it regardless and wait for the other link to go due to movement.

The first choice is not a problem but one thing I do not like doing is leaving a car standing for any length of time (a problem I have to avoid with the Accord).

Comments would be appreciated.

Last edited:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I was looking at these the other day but only because of another users complaint.
The replacement kits are a ridiculous price unless it's still under warranty.

You can make up your own using these bits. Just don't ask me the sizes. Someone will have more info.

Need male and female, god knows what thread type and size etc.. Pretty sure it's only these with a few bolts/nuts added.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-16-UNF-Male...286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:15|39:1|240:1318

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-16-x-5-16-U...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
I have the same problem i need to contact awesome about it
think this may need to be looked at then now
if there is more than 1

only reason why i voted on 3) is cos thats whay i've had to do lol
in reality i would have chose the other 2 options

Last edited:

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
personally i'd drop the whole bar and droplinks off; only 4 bolts :) or go to a local fixing shop with the broken link and ask then for a rose joint arrangement that will do the same job :)

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Awesome said they'd not heard of any issues with the threads going - but then that answer was not entirely unexpected.

The bars have been on there for 13 months now and I wouldn't bother with warranty (if relevant) as no doubt the manufacturer would blame the fitting anyhow.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
I'm really glad you said that Dave as I reckon I might ask the old chap to make some up as that'll be right up his street (maintains old formula one cars including fabrication of suspension bits and anything else he can make).

I don't why I didn't think of that before and the worse that he could say is no thanks.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Yeah sizes would be nice for future searches. I'll probably needed these some point if the OE mounts are made from cheese.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Is that's all that's needed Dave?. I assume the existing bolts joining rollbar to rose joint and rose joint to car can be used and are not the issue?. Thanks :thumbup:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Nice one Dave, I'm sure will save a few peeps a bit of cash. Not bad prices from that link either.

Last edited:

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
So is that all I'll need Dave? It does just look too simple/cheap to be true.

I'll do both sides of course

Which or whose ARB have you got on the back of yours as a matter of interest?

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Now ordered.

Total cost £30.36 - £11.50 p&p and cost varies on thread size - male works out same price as female. Plus the VAT.

Haven't got a clue how much the Neuspeed fitting kit is but I bet is going to be more than double the price.

Happy or what :cheers:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Even cheaper from mcgillmotorsports on ebay.
That postage is a bit steep Husbandofstinky :blink:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.