Rear ARB Issues

MTIbiza

www.streetmodified.co.uk
Jul 16, 2007
Crawley
Over the last couple of weeks my other half has been driving my car and has been complaining of a kocking noise from the back of the Ibiza..... Followed it in her clio sport the other day and noticed that the Rear ARB was looking a bit odd on the Ibiza.

Chucked it up on stands today and had to remove the ARB completely. The 2 supporting brackets have corroded and one had gone AWOL!!!

DSC00906.jpg

DSC00909.jpg

Will be speaking with Jabba tomorrow to find out what can be done. If anyone has any good suggestions of what to replace these brackets with.... Preferably with something that doesn't rust through within 2 years, that would be great.

Cheers

Mike

MTIbiza

www.streetmodified.co.uk
Jul 16, 2007
Crawley
Yeah the clamps worked very well but it seems that corrosion has got the better of them. :(

Spoke to Jabba this morning and still waiting for a call back.......

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
i'm interested to know how you get on with Jabba with this:think:

i got a Jabba RARB which uses the same clamps....had it fitted for about 18 months....hope this isn't going to be a common fault :(

MTIbiza

www.streetmodified.co.uk
Jul 16, 2007
Crawley
i'm interested to know how you get on with Jabba with this:think:

i got a Jabba RARB which uses the same clamps....had it fitted for about 18 months....hope this isn't going to be a common fault :(

Spoke to them during the week and they didn't seem at all phased by the problem. They didn't offer to replace the brackets or suggest an alternative.

I have got to get a replacement U-shaped shim from them as one dissapeared down the road, but I am having a look in to stainless steel U clamps.

My other option is to replace with those same clamps but paint them up with POR15 (anti rust paint) and then coat them in underseal once they are attached.

I will keep you posted with what I do.

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
the Mikalor clamps are what Jabba supply with the kit. :(

this is what you get from Jabba.....

arb02.jpg

the Whiteline kit wasn't available when i bought my RARB from Jabba.....otherwise i would have bought the Whiteline.... beacuase of the clamps and that its half the price!!!:ban:

can you buy the U-Clamps that come with the Whiteline kit seperately? :shrug:

MTIbiza

www.streetmodified.co.uk
Jul 16, 2007
Crawley
Who supplies whiteline ARBs? I will try and give them a call and see if I can get the brackets seperately.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
As Aimez said, speak to Awsome, I'm sure they could get them for you.

Failing that you will be able to get them off the net from somewhere, just need to know what size they are.

MTIbiza

www.streetmodified.co.uk
Jul 16, 2007
Crawley
Spoke to Andy at Awesome this afternoon and explained the situation. Unfortunately they are not able to supply the brackets seperately.

would anyone be kind enough when they are next under their car to take a measurement of the whiteline arb brackets?