Rear lcr brakes

Deleted member 20376

Hello, ive searched but cant find a guide to fitting rear brake disc and pads.
has one been done on here.
is it easy to fit them?
any special tools needed?

thank in advance yall.

or if anyone is near me and has expeirance in this could have some cash going your way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Gaz, there is a special tool you need. Its called a wind back tool which you can get from Halfords.
Apart from that the rest is done with pin punches and a big assed screw driver/torx wrench

Deleted member 20376

Gaz, there is a special tool you need. Its called a wind back tool which you can get from Halfords.
Apart from that the rest is done with pin punches and a big assed screw driver/torx wrench

cheers m8 i found a few guides on other forums saying its a lot easier with the tool.
ive watched the front being done and that looks really eaiser.
the rears are 2 peice. im going to have ago tonight at it. hopefully should take too long lol

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Yup the calliper is held onto the carrier with two bolts, these you should get in your rear brake kit.
you will need the wind back tool to 'reset' the piston prior to re fitting

Deleted member 20376

Yup the calliper is held onto the carrier with two bolts, these you should get in your rear brake kit.
you will need the wind back tool to 'reset' the piston prior to re fitting

rear brake kit???? :shrug: ?????

they said about new bolts on the otehr thread my pads didnt come with any. i have 4 black metal shim/plates and the pads its self. no new bolts. does that matter?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.