s3 lower
rear whiteline 23mm adjustable on stiffest setting
falken fk452s all round (awesome by the way) set to 34psi
uprated shocks and springs
new topmounts
ths dogbone
ths engine and tranny uprated mounts

quaife atb diff

looking into a rear upper strut brace, anyone got any experiences and/or opinions on these. ive only seen them listed for mk4 golf which i assume is the same fitment.

opinions welcome, as to wheter its worth adding one of these:shrug:

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
I think Phillc and dolby have the rear strut brace - never felt the need myself - but I'm sure they can help. Your ARBs are quite closely matched (as you know been investigating this recently). The only weak point I can see is the tyres, but I know how unwilling people are to spend on good rubber.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
the falken 452s are not weak tyres mate, they are very good.... loads of people use them on here, had them 2 weeks, very very impressed.... similar performance to the gsd3s i had before.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I have one and sorted the last group buy on here for them. Noticed the difference once on and before my arbs were fitted. Does reduce body flex a fair bit in the rear. Also quick release so can be taken out for space :)

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
is it worth adding as i already have rear arb and a pretty long list of handling mods already.... like that hughes engineering one alot.... go on then hit me with the huge price tag??

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
It's just another extra. I have pretty much the same mods as you.
The brace was £68 delivered in the group buy. I think Mike has put the prices up slightly for one offs and due to the increased cost of stainless.
Beautifully made though and I'm sure he'll offer a decent price still.

Brace1.jpg

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
I can vouch for Mike's work. Very good quality and would definitely buy from him again. Here's what mine looks like:
dsc00291slp.jpg

Took me about 15mins to put on and most of that was trimming the carpet. Then once the brackets are on you can remove the bar section in about 10 seconds if you need to put big items in your boot. :)

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
what difference to the hanndling mate...

i see you dont list arbs on your siggy? so youd notice the difference.

p.s anyones surplus to requirements wanna sell me theirs??

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Yeah arbs are on my list after exhaust!

It does feel like it makes a difference. The back end feels much more planted and willing to follow the front, not that I have pushed it to the limit, but it is noticeable and a worthwhile spend.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.