Rear Wiper Cover

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
I have just fitted the rear wiper arm and blade from a mark V golf and I cant seem to be able to fit the cover back on. Is there a mod i can do to the original so it'll fit or do i have to fit a new cover from VW?

Cheers:)

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
yeah, mines the same, the bloke who had the car last, modified the rear wiper, not sure if its the Mark V wiper but the cap keeps popping off. its driving me mad, gonna grab me a fabia wiper me thinks..

longman

Stumped!
Mar 13, 2007
Nr Maidstone, Kent
For future searches..... Mine didn't fit properly either and the cap had to be filed down at the bottom edge, where it meets the boot.

Also, there are some ribs on the inside that faul the nut, these need to be cut away too.

Not so good, I wished I had just followed the majority and gone with the Fabia!!

satilaboy

Jan 13, 2006
how much did the mk V rear arm and blade set you back? is it only available from the stealers?

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
how much did the mk V rear arm and blade set you back? is it only available from the stealers?

All together about £23. Thats the arm, blade and cover for the washer jet. Yeah got it from VW here in Plymouth. Very happy with it and everyone has the Fabia rear wiper so a little dif.:)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise